Start a new topic

Capital RISK game mode

IDEA: This is RISK with a twist based on the 1993 Capital RISK rules, and makes for a faster, intense game.

Each player has a "capital" in one of the initially occupied territories. The player to capture all capitals wins. Any troops and territories that belong to the losing nation are turned over to the victor. Capital Risk often leads to much shorter games.

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

73 people like this idea

Sounds like a great spin for people with limited time on their hands :)

3 people like this
I would prefer a longer match with capitals, because it would add an extra layer of skill to non-short matches. What would happen if an ally controlled your capital?

3 people like this
A game could end in one turn

2 people like this
The way the 1993 game went was once your personal castle is lost, you are defeated and all your territories and holdings go to player that took your castle, inc. Cards

1 person likes this
The one I have states you can lose yours and still play. To win hold your capital and two others. Or one and yours in three player!!

1 person likes this
I would want to see it be you win if you start your turn owning all the capitals. I also think owning a capital should give +1 bonus on troops awarded at start of your turn.

3 people like this
version we played you had a capital and had to put all new recruits at it. At end of turn you reinforced from capital so long as you could reach the location via your own lands. If an opponent cut your supply lines by breaking a continuous string owned countries, then you could only rearrange troops among countries in that isolated pocket, but not reinforce from capital to that region. Reinforcements at end of turn were unlimited, we did not end the game if your cap was lost, but you had to establish a new capital and your first action had to be regainin the original capital. We did not allow turning in or earning cards when you did not have your original cap in your possession.
I hate losing Capital loses game. I prefer staying in game. Extra capitals should grant bonus armies though, +1/capital owned.

1 person likes this
The posts before are mixing castle risk and capital risk... castle risk has generals boats and the map is Europe like the one with independent states available on this site. The game has a complete different set of rules awesome game .. capital risk the one with Roman numerals I am unfamilar with the rules but it's got twists. The newer risk 2008 I has city's and bonus for completing missions. My opinion would be to have all released versions of risk available on here one day . And to be able to mix and match making own versions,
Ive played capitol many times and enjoyed it as a change of pace. I do not remember getting players troops though. I though it eas only territories.

1 person likes this
I think capitals in the game would be excellent, but I'd suggest it work more like Risk: Factions, where capitals equal one more troop per turn. An additional defence dice would also add to the "home base" style of gameplay.

1 person likes this
Please proceed something like that diversity

2 people like this
How can I down load map' s especially the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE map . There are any hidden ore background apps ore codes (GOOGLE AND ANDROID 7.0 GALAXY J3 PRIME) THANKS.
Any version of Risk is a great game! I have been playing the game of Risk for over 40 years and I won't stop playing the game of Risk until I die.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment