Start a new topic

Implement a truce vs alliance

A lot of times in an alliance there are players that get frustrated when you do not have their back when they are getting beat up on. However, it would not be in my best interest to engage with that conflict, then my ally gets upset and attacks me because their not happy that I did not defend them. This can be reasonable as we were allies. 

However my proposal is to introduce a truce/treaty feature. This feature implies that we have a mutual understanding that we will not attack each other's territories (or usually a continent) but we do not have any obligation to defend or seek revenge for one another.

The concept then would be that if we are allies we are going into battle together and have each other's back. A truce is that we just agree not to murder each other for a time. There would simply be two buttons, one to offer a truce and one to offer an alliance.

The alliance and truce could be represented by icons hand-in-hand and peace sign, respectively.

You can offer an alliance to someone that you are in a truce with. but not sure if you would need to offer a truce to an ally, so maybe grey out or don't show truce for allies.

Login or Signup to post a comment