Start a new topic

Points after games

PLEASE! Let us skip the useless experience animations after games. For us Neurodivergent folx, having a prolonged reminder of a failure can be triggering at times; and, even a win animation can lead to struggles being even more difficult to manage through. For everyone else, this is just simply annoying. What, pray tell, is the dev team's justification for a board game with ZERO rpg elements to even have a leveling system? For a select few, their phone will likely be hurled at the nearest innocent who just happens to be standing nearby. Why did your leadership make this highly useless and content breaking mechanic? Please, I'm begging you, allow us to skip through the experience gain. It is nothing but frustration to be forced to watch, for what literally feels like 5 minutes, the accumulation of an entire 20xp when it will take thousands for me to get to yet another pointless level. Oh? 300xp per 5 minute short should make it worth it? Oh, of course leveling is easier when playing against people! Pro tip: I detest strangers, and love Risk. Risk is not a TTRPG. Risk is not an MMORPG. In fact, I'd love more maps and less of a leveling system. Can we put dev time into maps instead of annoying mechanics that are redundant, serve no discernable practical function, and are not in the spirit of the game? No, unlocking dice, troops, and more is most assuredly not practical; it is a textbook exercise in vanity. Here's an even better thought, offer us the ability to shut down some of these new features that have, honestly, begun to ruin this for me. I'm searching for games that specifically *aren't* like every other app out there. Why does a board game even need leveling systems?! Sincerely, Why Does Everything Need an XP Bar?!
Login or Signup to post a comment