Start a new topic

Be able to easily distinguish a territories borders

Let me preface this by saying that I really like the design and artwork of the maps. However, sometimes I find it difficult to determine which territories are physically connected (able to travel to / attack from). Most neighboring territories are obvious at first glance, but there are a few that are not so straightforward if you are unfamiliar or new to the map. Here are some examples where you could argue that type of connection between the two countries/territories is not well defined. Some more obvious than others (Not all are listed here) Earth 2029 A.D. - Queensland and Indonesia Saudia Arabia and Egypt Italy and Algeria Algeria and Iberia Korea and Irkutsk United States - Arkansas and Tennessee New Mexico and Utah Central America - Kentucky and Virginia Panama and Bogota/Cartagena Adirondacks and New Brunswick Fort Detroit and Ohio/Ontario Europe - Finland and Livona Switzerland and Vienna Moscow advanced - Pokrovskoye and Sokol Tverskoy and Sokolniki Kuzminki and Izmaylovo Battle of Lubeck Brauerei and Wallanlagen Sud Sud Holstentor and Kathol Kirch Nordlicher Holstentor and West Burgtor / Altstadt Boston - Dorchester Bay and Thompson island South End and Mission Hill Andrew Square and East Boston City A few times not knowing wether these did or did not connect had a negative impact on my game, and I'm sure others as well. Currently the only way to "test" if a connection exists is to have more than 1 troop in one territory and try to attack or fortify to the neighboring territory. This is not always ideal when every army counts in a close game. I propose, that at any point during a game, wether it's your turn or not, you can select a feature that allows you to click on any territory on the map and have that feature clearly show you (by illuminating I assume) what other territories are connected to the selected land. Hopefully this would be easy to implement and be beneficial to other players. Thanks for reading.

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

Where did the Moscow maps go? I've bought every map pack and played them all. I achieved the rank of Master. I'm a RISK addict. Where are the Moscow maps?
Login or Signup to post a comment