In 1.0.5, a bug was found that caused crashing on M1-based Mac devices. On affected devices, this would happen right after launching the game.
How can I tell if my Mac has an Apple M1 Processor?
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon from the top-left corner of the menu bar, then select the “About This Mac” option.
- Check the section labelled either "Chip" or "Processor".
- If the section is labelled "Chip" with the description "Apple M1", then you are running an M1-based mac. Please follow the following instructions to solve the issue.
- If the section is labelled "Processor" with a description containing "Intel", then the following steps do not apply to your situation. Please submit a new ticket with details about your issue and your system information.
Steps to resolve the issue
- Select SP!NG in Finder
- Right-click and select "Get Info"
- Enable the checkbox marked "Open with Rosetta"
- Try to open SP!NG once again
If you do not see the "Open with Rosetta" option, please perform the following steps:
- Open Terminal
- Type "softwareupdate --install-rosetta" and press Enter
- Follow the prompts and then once the installation is complete, try the previous steps again.
These steps didn't resolve my issue!
If these steps did not solve the issue for any reason, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to our support team! We'll be happy to assist you further.