Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

I don’t think they can prevent a determined user from using the app since it is available to the public. But they can inconvenience them greatly and undo their work. What we really need is an automated system to stop cheaters from getting far up the ranks without anyone having to report them. That would probably cause most cheaters to give up. I hope that is what they are referring to in the last paragraph.
Why? Surely you’re entitled to use the time available to the extent you see fit? Nobody is ‘forced’ to leave and nobody is being forced to join a game with a long turn time.
If you want to play with friends, play unranked games. It's that simple.

For the second time, I have been unjustly accused of cheating and banned for 24 hours.  First, I don't cheat. I even removed all of my Risk "friends" to eliminate any accusation of collusion. Apparently they use an algorithm to search for suspecting cheating and it has flagged me twice. Any suggestions on how to keep this from happening again?

I absolutely hate cheating and cheaters when I was 15 I'm 30 now but I cheated alot with my friends I changed alot I got checked by a guy my age now cheating is bad you should not do it.

Do what I do - play something else. Got sick of this game ages ago.

I'm always tired I have narcolepsy
WTF! this is ridiculous... I know NO ONE who plays this game. I am expected to remember the names of every player I play? I can barely remember my name! I have been suspended 4 times in the past 4 weeks for 'violations of the fair play rules' are my opponents also suspended? and there is ZERO support to find out exactly what I did... this is crazy

I don't like the ones that can move across the board quicker than quickly.  Two things happen, the computer can't keep up, and you really don't have a chance.  Therefore, I've asked Risk to disable the return key, but I haven't heard back from them.  Therefore, to combat this problem is that I have a list of 125 people, and growing every day.  If your name appears on my list, you will be deleted from the game.  If you would like a copy of this list, I can't put my email address, therefore, leave me a comment in this post and I'll send it to you.

Dan

This is the best news here! SMG studios has gone up in ranking in my eyes!
Wow you really got suspended for taking a long time on a I turn? I assumed stalling was when you can easily win a game and you keep delaying eminent victory. I hate that because normally I surrender but sometimes I want to see what somebody skill level is and some of these jackasses keep accumulating armies and won’t win the game. I assume it’s a kid because I can’t see why somebody would just waste their time

my risk player id # 27547758 Ottilia The Brute 18      i really liked your game when i discoverd it on the app store  ,,and  played it allot ,  i have a big family here and i introduced your game to other young family members who really liked it also ,,,it was not our objective to cheat ,but we did want to be able to play together,,once in a while,,i have made numerous purchases thru this game portal for your game of risk global domination ,,and would very much like to continue to play your game fairly and be able to recomend it to others ,,but i would very much appreciate if you would restore my purchases ,even if your going to reset my rateing back to novice // please understand as a family we very much want  to enjoy things together ,,and could if you please progress with the team contest risk version wich has been talked about for awhile--of 2--versus--2 or 3--versus --3 teams ,,so you could stop wasteing time and resourses on game policeing--''i do not control the actions of others but we live in one big household ,,with the same wifi-network ,,a preteen or teen in my household may detect me getting into a one of my multiplayer games and decide to join me // please do not punish --me and my family for simply  trying to have fun playing your risk game--''ok,,obviously  your staff want to keep it fair for all to play it''and i respect that--''i promise i will write down and communicate the online multiplayer global domination fair play policy to the other young family members here to the best of my ability--''but please get that team risk going ''and PLEASE--RESTORE MY PURCHASES I HAVE MADE FOR THIS ID ACOUNT ''?  RESET MY RATEING IF YOU HAVE TO  BUT OPEN UP THE GLBAL DOMINATION FOR THIS LOYAL CUSTOMER AND RISK ENTHUSAIAST..THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION IN THIS MATTER''Sincerly Victor...

Hilda gringovich 6 and cicero noble 11 obvious cheaters and same players
I love this I’ve been suspended this is awesome all the things that have happened to me from taking the time I joined for being kicked out of games for whatever and all people in here do is pummel me so whatever …….
Bravo SMG! Finally something is being done to get rid of the cheaters. There are many of us that will take the time to put in a ticket and it’s so nice to see something will be done with it. It looks like SMG is taking an active approach to remove cheaters! Thanks SMG.
Login or Signup to post a comment