Start a new topic

The community forum activity has really dropped off...

Just seems like there's only like one new post a week... thoughts?

1 person has this question

Probably because SMG still hasn't tackled the big issues in the game

True - there is more life in a cemetery than this place lol

There are many reasons for this, like:

- mediocre forum software 

- minimal (if any!) response/interaction from SMG

- lack of regular updates to fix (the many!) problems in the game

- etc etc...

It's my understanding that SMG is a small team, and I can sort of understand why some lingering issues remain - at least on their part. But I feel the responsibility ultimately lands on Hasbro; it's logical to assume that they have enough money to higher a larger software team to represent their product in a all its potential gory - but since they already have SMG then a better idea would be helping them expand their business to better suit the consumers needs.... maybe SMG should consider renegotiating their contract...?

2 people like this
Fair points. I also get the impression that SMG is a small team. Only so many resources to go around. If I see more maps added, while all these lingering issues and bugs still exist, then my empathy for their limited resources is going to evaporate quickly. It’s fine to not have the ability to fix all these issues immediately. But if you are spending your time coding new maps instead of fixing the pressing issues that paying customers have asked for.... well then your priorities are in the wrong place.
I agree with you, hopefully SMG will as well...
The rank filters are supposed to be “in progress” and they say they are working on automated anti-cheating tools. Those are the two most important things as far as I am concerned. As for forum activity there has been a lot more of it these last few days, though of course there would be more if more people played the game. Nevertheless, when a few people post that gets others to do the same after seeing notifications or topics they want to discuss. So it is like a landslide that starts with a few stones but quickly gathers strength. Chris Currie can take credit for being one of the first stones in the the latest round of posts and comments.

1 person likes this
Updates and SMG aside, I just would like to talk to other Risk fans about something other than cheaters; which lately seems to be the only topic with the steadiest stream of new comments... but you could be right Sectaone - maybe people are just waiting for topics to be posted. Perhaps Smg wouldn't mind sending out an occasional reminder to the players that there IS a forum... PSA: If you are interested in reviving the community forums, don't be shy about starting a new topic, or commenting on someone else's topic -new or old... personally, I check on it every day or two, even when I haven't played risk in a while - just to see what's going on

1 person likes this
Chris, I am new to the forums this week, so I have just started reading some old threads. I had a long list of suggestions for game fixes and improvements. I found that most all of these topics had already been brought up months ago so I replied there instead of starting new threads. I would be interested to maybe setup a game time with a good group of experienced and tactical players for a regularly scheduled game. If we got the same 5-6 players together for a weekly game I think that could really be a great time and simulate the board game atmosphere I enjoyed as a kid, sitting around the table playing risk with people I know. Kind of like a weekly poker night with the guys. I usually play progressive card sets because I don’t regularly have the time for hour long games that fixed card values usually cause. It would be fun to have a longer game with skilled players every now and then. Could even have a chat room on discord or something else so there can be a little table banger going on. Just spit balling some ideas. Sorry for writing a novel

3 people like this
*table BANTER, not banger Damn autocorrect

1 person likes this
Tyler what you are talking about is what I have been trying to set up for months. I’m down to play whenever others and I have time. Check out http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000012564 and read the more recent comments to see where we are at right now.
Great minds think alike Secta! I like where your head is at. I am actually only ranked expert and ranked in the 17,000 range. Not sure if I qualify, but it’s only becuase I just recently found this version of the game in App Store and haven’t been playing long. Would I still qualify to participate? I started playing Risk 25 years ago with my father on his board from the 70’s with all the original wooden pieces. He still owns the board and is the only thing I asked that he leave to me in his will LOL. I’m in Florida so I am eastern time zone. I would be up for a Tues, Wed, or Thurs evening game. Count me in. Add me as a friend Game Name: Big Bad Wolfe. User ID: 5651162
Yeah you’re good especially since you can only get better with more playing and right now we’ve never been able to get more than two forum people in a a game at the same time. It seems the forums are still too small to get a six high ranks together at one time so we have to play global domination and let in others. I have many risk accounts but the one that I am using for progressive right now is Reiner Agincourt 8. I’ll add you.
It needs to be a risk profile for me to add you so how about you send it thanks.
Sent you a friend request. Big Bad Wolfe
Login or Signup to post a comment