Start a new topic

End Game Etiquette

On several occasions I have seen lack of good sportsman ship at the end of games. The scenario is when one player has a substantially superior number of armies could easily and mercifully finish off their opponent and reach end of game. However, they stop and fortify. Every turn they do one battle then fortify again. We're not talking a contested board. This is like 99 armies vs 4. Just go ahead and win the game that you earned and let's move on to the next game. What's worse is sometimes these guys will use their full time allotment before doing their minimal action. 

The screen shot below is an example of what I am talking about. This guy had 99 armies trapping my 4 at Australia. He took a half dozen turns at this point to end it. Real jerk.

EndIt.JPG
(62 KB)

2 people have this question

Okay, let me leave a clarifying comment here:

When someone is trapping you in and amassing troops, do two things:

1.  Report them for harassment. Do that, it works because this is actually against the game rules.

2. Just leave the game! It will still count as a second place finish for you and it's a lot less satisfying for the person to just be messing with a bot instead of a human player.

Login or Signup to post a comment