Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

I've had much better luck avoiding cheaters by starting my own games and eliminating novices.  I've been able to get 6 player games going this way and have not noticed much, if any, blatant cheating going on.

1 person likes this
They should make all online games automatch based on your rules and map choices. Making it harder for multi account users to get in the same game.

1 person likes this
Another post on Jordan Mac 3 (intermediate). Cheating with Colonel The Shadow 5 (grandmaster) and Sandy Kicks 5 (novice). I realized it pretty early as sandy kicks attacked me to no benefit early, clearly helping Colonel. Then I just set myself up to break up Colonel in Europe. Jordan Mac did not attack Colonel despite having a strong army and then half killed me, but didn't finish me off and keeping my two cards intact. sandy could have also easily finished me off, but passed, leaving me for colonel. I was playing at expert.

1 person likes this

Whats your player name, have time now ?

1 person likes this

Wow! No wonder SMG has so much of a problem clearing bugs and resolving the cheaters issue. It looks like they can't even get their Ticketing system working properly.

I received the email below today, telling me to follow the link to check my ticket status. But when I do, it tells me that I have no tickets open. (P.s. if by some miracle someone from SMG support picks up on this post and tries to investigate the ticket was raised against an alternative login and email address. But you'll be able to recognise that it's the same person, with the same name)

"Dear Kieran,
There is a new comment on your ticket. You can view your ticket by visiting http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/5114
You can also reply to this email to add your comment.
Ticket comment
Team @ SMG –

Thank you for this report. This is an automated message to let you know this cheating report has now been processed. An agent will investigate in the near future.
If this cheating report was an accident, feel free to close it.
If you need help with something outside of just reporting a cheater, we suggest you create another ticket under the category “Problem/bug” or “Question” detailing what it was you needed help with. This is important since cheating reports are not sent to the same place as bug reports and questions. We would not want your support request to get lost!
Have a good day.

Sincerely,
SMG Studio: Support and Forum Support Team"

1 person likes this
Another cheating technique I am noticing, is you sit at a table that has 6 slots, as soon as you do they boot the other 3 spots which were bots and start the game, now you are alone against 2 cheaters and of course they wipe you out quickly... happened to me twice

1 person likes this

Different idea to reduce cheaters.

Game finder, you set what games your looking for (60 secs, auto populate, map, etc), it auto joins you to random game. No more team joining which would greatly reduce two on one, etc.

Move team joins to different section, as Risk was really meant to be One vs All anyways.

I am a fan of local black lists though :)

1 person likes this
Brent you're absolutely right. Leaving borders unprotected is very common. I think it is impossible to tell from game play alone wether someone is using 2 accounts in the same game or if it is just an alliance of 2 players.

1 person likes this

Add Andrew Chepkins ("grandmaster") to the list of cheaters. He was down to 1 country and in 1 turn managed to turn in his cards, attack every country around him (no occupying forces moved in, leaving the countries "blank" during his turn.), and at the end of his turn, 17 troops magically appeared in each of the "blank" countries. As a result, he added probably 100 or so troops instantly and ended up so powerful, he couldn't be stopped.

Blatantly stupid cheating. He needs to be banned.

1 person likes this
Usually by the time your recognize it, it's too late. Using two accounts is almost exclusively to the benefit of one of them. If you had two sets of armies to begin with this would be an advantage yes? What I have witnessed is the lesser account attacking one player to the direct benefit of the other account. Half killing you enough, but leaving the beneficiary account to take the cards/continent of the aggrieved player. My biggest issue is that it's poor play and the waste of folks time. I think it would be easy for SMG to put some indicator that two or more players are playing from the same wifi (doesn't mean your cheating but let's me determine if I want to play in that game). Also, as I've previously stated, if it listed who are the most common "opponents" on your profile so I could see or determine on my own if you might be playing on two accounts.

1 person likes this
I'm not sure what is worse? Cheaters or the fact that smg won't do anything about these asshat cheaters. Fix this please SMG, you have a potentially great platform but you are letting it slip through the cracks. These assholes are clearly colluding and I dropped 30,000 rank points. It's frustrating as hell to have fight hard to get a decent ranking and then drop off so much in one battle.
IMG0026.PNG
(1.94 MB)

1 person likes this
good point Kieran! It is frustrating as hell. And it is terrible that nothing happens with it from SMG. There really is no point in issuing a ticket as nothing happens clearly. I just played a game and another round of ass hat cheating. Blue send me an alliance request, I agreed then he sandbags me and yellow cleans me up everywhere else and then focuses on red. Red quits, so their player dies nothing then it's just me against blue and yellow. Shaunq1 and casual bruiser whatever. Piece of crap.
IMG0050.PNG
(2.13 MB)

1 person likes this
Jketonen and Dustin Mays cheat... Playing two accounts and it is obvious. I usually try to avoid playing a game when I join and the first two joining are same level, like Masters or Expert because they are so frequently cheaters but sometimes I just don't have enough time to leave before they click start. It really is no fun playing with cheaters.

1 person likes this

Those pics I posted on the last page is from a game I reported to SMG.  Red attacked me weakening me to the point where Purple could finish me off, then Red just sat there and let Purple take him out.

Red literally just sat there.  I reported "them" to SMG, showed the pics that proved it.......and the response I got back from SMG was "it was two friends and they didn't know what they were doing was against the rules".

So SMG just gave "them" a warning.

That's why the game is full of cheaters, SMG doesn't ban these clowns even when they're caught red-handed!

1 person likes this

Cyber Archer (expert) and Herman Grigovich 17 (beginner) are the same person: https://youtu.be/43IWFNDOezE
Cheaters are stupid.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment