Start a new topic

Master and Grand Masters effectively Cheaters

As far as I am concerned anyone one that is master or grand master status is effectively a cheater. I have been playing this game long enough to know that you cannot win enough games in a row to achieve and maintain these statuses. Therefore, we should not have to report users just investigate the playing habits of any user that has master or grand master status. Anyone with this status feels the need to cheat. What makes it sad is that you feel the need to cheat to achieve a meatless status. I just want to have a fair game, my status is not important. So masters and grandmasters get a life. You are a winner in the game but a loser in life. Hahahaha

You’re hilarious for knowing so little about the game. I have played over 300 games and only seen one cheater. I reported them and they were dealt with. I am currently a master. Go report me all you want since there is nothing to find. The fact is you can reach master in just a few games when you do well playing against high level opponents . Eg. no point in playing against a novice. If you beat them you move up 50 spots. You lose to them and you drop about 2000 spots. But if you play against another master you will move up a few hundred or move down a few hundred. You also need to know when to sacrifice your game to play for second. Because second is better than third. People call it cheating because it looks like players are teaming up. I have purposely gone for second place because I knew that it would require herding a bunch of cats against the first place player which usually doesnt work. Pick the right games to play. If you document cheating and report it to support it gets taken care of. It does zero good reporting generalizations here.

1 person likes this

I'm a master.  It was a hard slog to get there.  There are definitely cheating Masters and Grannies. I've reported them, and they've been banned for it.  But not everyone at that level cheats.

As pointed out above. going for second, while dickish and resembles cheating,  gets you points.  I don't do it often, but it is effective. 

1 person likes this

I'm currently a Master and have achieved the status of Grandmaster for a short time. It is possible to reach these levels without cheating though, so I resent your premise that ALL Masters and Grandmasters are cheaters, but it is definitely a problem. There does need to be an emoji made to alert other players that may be oblivious cheaters while still in the game as it is hard to tell sometimes weather it is just an alliance or collaborators. It is great that they have made some changes to reporting people but that doesnt help you turn the tide while still in the game. SMG has to create an algorithm to block two profiles that consistently in games together, as it is pathetic for people to achieve Master or Grandmaster by doing this and degrades the accomplishments of people that are actually good at the game. 

On a separate note, if you would like to get to higher levels stop playing with Novices and Beginners, as losing to these players will severely lower your ranking. Once you achieve a higher ranking status put the filters on that block lower levels, that's how you move up there buddy. 

Agree that the vast majority of GrandMasters are cheaters, with a minority just being lame players who only play 1 on 1 + bots games so they can have an online rank to feel good about when they having no other successes in life.  However, I have achieved Grand Master ranking several times, so it certainly possible to do it without cheating or being totally lame.  May be impossible to stay there for long, however, because there is so much cheating out there.  I would say that I see cheating in about 15-20% of the games I play.   Usually, as soon as I identify the top account in the cheater group, I just try to take them out as punishment, since 1 v 2 is an impossible proposition. 

Login or Signup to post a comment