Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

On Monday I played both the number 1 and number 2 ranked accounts in the same game. I am sure that It was just a cheater using two accounts and yet I still won. Shows how pathetic the cheaters really are. Reported it to SMG and just waiting for them to take action.

Yeah, cheaters are often at a disadvantage because they're trying to avoid killing themselves and sometimes a weak cheater account gives you the game if you kill it.

That Wilburn account rings a bell in my head. I tend to remember a lot of names that I think are cheating or play often and I think I was suspicious of that one before. Boone Stark 4 sounds very familiar. Pretty sure I've run across him before. Not sure about the Browning one. I don't often bump into grandmasters. I actually end up booting a lot of them along with masters as I recognize a lot of common combinations of players entering my games. Boot one and for sure the other leaves. I've reported many but SMG doesn't seem to be resetting some of their accounts. Brooks Skulls is a name that comes to mind when I think of someone who often comes into play with some other account that only rings a bell when I see it. The rank hasn't been reset yet though.Hmm... WIlburn might just be one I've seen a lot I only get alarmed when I recognize 2 accounts in the game and esp if they join together. I usually still play though unless I'm absolutely sure that it's a cheater, like the Brooks Skulls guy. Oh I hate that guy it's so obvious.I'm only playing with my junk accounts for now until the cheater reporting gets better or they allow me to filter out ranks joining the game at least.

Wilburn Howitzer is the account I was using. I sometimes will go hunting cheaters in order to report them and that’s how I got involved in this game. I know the names of many top leaderboard accounts so I recognized both Boone Stark 4 and Browning257. I don’t think the top two accounts playing together is coincidental so I am certain it was just a single cheater.
Just finished a game with Boone stark4 and Browning257, both grandmasters that should have his/her accounts demoted to begginer for cheating by using 2 accounts. Why don’t you just play yourself and be grandmaster of the world! Cheater.
Josh as I mentioned I played the same guy. Be sure to report him to SMG with a support ticket. If the complaints pile up they’ll have to take action.
Isidora the fop 4 Junior smoothbore Both (probably the same person) are cheating fuckers. In fact every so called 'grandmaster' I have come up against hacks. It's blatant too.
Shocking an expert using another acct in same game...lmfao weak bytches

1 person likes this
This is about and to that jerk-off Briand who openly boast about having seven Grand Master accounts. Dude, your a complete cheating dick. With only a limited number of that particular ranking there’s no way you could have done it without cheating. You have absolutely no integrity. SMG should kick you out and never give you access again, but I’m sure you’re clever enough to figure a way back. I bet your mom would be extremely proud to know what a low life you are.

1 person likes this
I wish to report 2 players that are working together or are the same person wirh 2 accounts. They even have similar names. The players are: Abo Ali and Ali Mazn They play games together to gain an advantage. I would prefer that you boot these players/person or block them from playing together. This makes the game unfair and you will loose customers and and game rating with these cheats. They played together today 13th of July, about 11:40 am
Good

Grandmasters& Experts = Cheaters

false equation
I appreciate all the work to try to stop cheaters or hackers. I don’t mind the occasional glitch especially when you make a note of it to warn us about trying to fix things. I personally have dealt with collaborators as best as I can but hackers (and ruining the game that way) was getting really bad

@Dfin.

Isidora the Fop 4  still a  grandmanster... sad.  

Proper action has been taken.

Please use the report tool in the app, because it flags users far more efficient and we have context in the backend, allowing us to find the game and the players in there easily.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment