Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

they allow everyone to report each other so their accounts get banned... then you have to pay for the advanced copy and restart

you can literally report someone for having a bad experience

2 people like this

One again (3x) I am suspended for cheating.  I never have.  Your algorithm is flawed.  I know I play with many of the same people, but I have never cheated.  Lift this suspension immediately.  Lance Wenger

4 people like this
There was a time when only the top 200 or so were grandmasters I believe I remember when it was fewer than 100. I doubt very much that Briand reported anyone who beat him as he is a long time respected member on this forum.
I’ll have to yawn at your story too Top 200 still is grandmaster We all know you are the type that reported anyone that beat you

I only reported people who I suspected of cheating. There needed to be evidence of collaboration. I've seen hacks in the game before. A guy was able to add 999 troops to a territory on his turn. Everyone was pissed and left the game. I was able to manipulate the AI into destroying themselves so I could take 2nd place. The guy made a surprised face when I made the final move to make it happen.

There's been some bugs which could be exploited also.  I doubt any of them still exist. The last one I recall was if you rolled the dice right before the timer ran out and it runs out as the dice are rolling, you would gain troops if you won the battle and took the territory. I can't remember the exact details but it was a pretty funny bug and raised a lot of eyebrows.

I got out when reporting was new. I had been playing the game constantly way before reporting was even an option. Nothing has really changed since then. Lots of people cheating. they do it to try and win more but they're really just cheating themselves out of enjoying the game. I had realized I could do it too at one point and after 1 round I realized it would ruin the game for me so I stopped.

I've been in the top 10 before. I'll politely yawn at your statement about beating grandmasters. By now, the grandmaster rank must be very common. Back in the day, it was only the top 200 players or so.

Because of people like you always reporting people for suspected cheating everyone got their accounts banned and quit the game I was beating grandmasters in solo and after a week I was banned for cheating I don’t know how to even cheat in 1v1 , if there is a cheat or a hack wouldn’t that be detectable? Or did the company just not steal that part of the game

3 people like this

I haven't really played Risk for a few years now. It was awesome for a while but the cheaters were so common. I spent a lot of time reporting suspected cheaters back when everything was mundane and it seemed like hardly anyone was ever getting caught. Now everyone is complaining so much, I wonder how any cheaters are getting away with it anymore. 

That’s funny I was banned from playing single player mode for collaborating . In a one vs one match… the problem is in their rules you can report anyone for giving you a negative experience… so every time someone loses they report the other person It’s funny though this company steals a game design and then runs it into the ground with hacks and cheaters. They just want you to create another account and pay to play then ban you again I will never play another game by this company or stream

1 person likes this

A friend is slightly unfair because you could collaborate for the purpose of both of you coming out on top, regardless of which one of you wins. But the greater problem is people using multiple accounts to give advantage to a single account for rank gain purposes.

Ranked games should strictly be randomized so that people can't stack the games, sticking extra accounts in there. The problem is there's too many variations of the game. I think rank should be strictly for the classic board game and progressive card redemption only. They can settle on the game timer also and I think they should learn towards longer than shorter. Let all other games be unranked and not matter and use an algorithm for the ranked games so the same people won't be matched up for a certain amount of time.

1 person likes this

Why play with a friend in a few games is a trap? this game is multiplayer i dont see the problem. we do not cheat with my friend. but any ways,  they banned us

The report system is broken I've been suspended twice playing with a friend on private unrate match. They have to fix the reporting system because people are getting other players suspended for fun.

1 person likes this
Ich wurde ohne Grund gesperrt nur weil einige nicht verlieren können, habe die letzten 2-3wochen 1vs1 gespielt und meine Bilanz ist bei ca 50 Prozent, da Frage ich mich was ich gechratet haben soll......und den Support erreicht man auch nicht über das Ticket
It’s sad but true . You better not beat their team of cheaters or you will get banned

even playing unclassified with a friend we get banned

Just play an unranked game if you want to play with friends.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment