Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I have been incorrectly suspended again. You have referenced this in our last correspondence. Could you please restore access asap Thank you David
As per the original post, there are many reasons other than playing with friends that can incur sanction. Stalling, abusing the reconnection system, harassment and so on. Perhaps it was one of those that has seen you reported and banned?
Why have they banned me again, this is totally unfair, it's the second time it's happened to me. I don't play with friends, they are players who randomly come out when I create a 1v1 game, they are not even on my friends list. I bought the game to play and you are unfairly banning me. It's a shame that for the second time I can't play. Where can I file a complaint against such injustice?
Ich würde ebenfalls ohne Grund gesperrt
It looks like it’s automatic ban without actually investigating it. I got banned for no reason

I don't like the ones that can move across the board quicker than quickly.  Two things happen, the computer can't keep up, and you really don't have a chance.  Therefore, I've asked Risk to disable the return key, but I haven't heard back from them.  Therefore, to combat this problem is that I have a list of 125 people, and growing every day.  If your name appears on my list, you will be deleted from the game.  If you would like a copy of this list, I can't put my email address, therefore, leave me a comment in this post and I'll send it to you.

Dan

If you want to play with friends, play unranked games. It's that simple.

I understand the teaming thing sucks , but im quite the gamer , I've been gaming for YEARS. and with that being said , it is unfair to suspend or ban players who play with friends under the assumption that they are working together , My friend and I have played a few global domination games together in the past when we were unaware of the rules , as your rules are not easily found. TRUST ME I was hunting for the rules and after an hour of searching finally found it on this website. and we have NEVER teamed, we play the same as everyone else, we may form an alliance to keep ourselves safe but if one of us become a threat just as we would with anyone else, we attack each other. Not every friend group will actually team, and MANY people still team in online games with the risk of being banned or suspended and don't care. With games, comes teaming. it has always, and will always, be a beast you cannot just beat with a simple ban or suspension. and with this ban and suspension , you are potentially banning players who have given your game A LOT of revenue . so this seems to me like its a lose-lose situation. the attitude your company holds with trying to please everyone is very charming but also extremely unrealistic as you still have people teaming who NEVER get banned, an those who aren't teaming but still playing with friends receiving bans and or suspensions. I would like to very kindly ask this rule to either be revoked or for your company to put in the effort to make the teams game mode the company has been hinting at for a long time. Thank you.

Congratulations!!! Now you understand why I stopped playing this game. I did enjoy it for quite a while, but then things changed. The one thing you are not seeing yet are the “super players “ that exist. I’ll let you figure that one out on your own. My advice. Quit playing this game. Not worth all the hassle.
I have now been suspended 3x with no explanation of why. I do not play with anyone I know or have contact with, I have 0 people on my friends list, and I don't know how to hack. I have submitted several trouble tickets with no response. I would like to know how to get clarification of why I was suspended

2 people like this

@Pobox2529 they allow everyone to get reported, so that everyone has to start over and have to pay for the premium account... since that is the only way they make money 

1 person likes this
I just got suspended for "cheating." I have NEVER cheated. Ever. I don't play with friends. I don't even keep track of who I'm playing. This is very discouraging.

4 people like this

they allow everyone to report each other so their accounts get banned... then you have to pay for the advanced copy and restart

you can literally report someone for having a bad experience

2 people like this

One again (3x) I am suspended for cheating.  I never have.  Your algorithm is flawed.  I know I play with many of the same people, but I have never cheated.  Lift this suspension immediately.  Lance Wenger

4 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment