Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

I have yet to experience someone making a complaint about cheating with me / SMG actually acting on it. and I've been in some scenarios where another player mysteriously does things that really help me out where I would have thought it's cheating if I wasn't me. But some players are just stupid. Or they take alliances too seriously. All my alliances mean is don't kill my troops and I will get out of your way. I let people sit on continents and do whatever the hell they want. I'm sure someone has reported before but I am 100% confident that nobody would ever find an issue with me. I don't know what SMG saw you involved in but maybe you've been playing with the same person too much and it looked bad.

I also think SMG should send a message to the player if they do catch you cheating. It might have more significance in making sure they won't do it again. "Your rank has been reset due to cheating. One more offense and you will be banned forever."

you know what would be cool? If they access the device's camera and take photos of you or show live video during the game. It'd give me a lot of confidence in knowing at least it's not the same guy using two suspicious players. But you wouldn't want to see me. I'm usually naked in my hot tub when I play haha.

1 person likes this
I had one with one turn in and got 100 men.......and was wiped off the board... No biggie....just went on to another game......this ranking thing is not a big thing to me .....its not like money or fame is involved ....snd ur right....cards/dice go the wrong way even the greatest will lose......
Just out of asking..i have played 40 games and have yet to see a master or grandmater....when and where do they play? I would like to play them
Im Grandmaster and its so many bad players with high rank teaming against me. 1 attacks me all the time while the other getting more troops to win. Its hard to attack the guy with most troops when the other idiot is attacking me all the time.
Just got back to intimidate...but if u would play.....like to get a try at a grandmaster...... or atleast play with one manual/progress/3min?
There are not a whole lot of masters or GM out there. Right now GM rank is somewhere around the top 2000 and Master extends out to about the top 8000 (2000 to 8000 are GM) Ranks are based on points so as more players come into the game, the number of masters and grandmasters increase from sucking points away from the lower ranks that never go anywhere.

Right now, the best way to play anyone with any high rank is to create a game and just sit there and boot novices and beginners until the game fills up. A lot of times people are impatient and ditch you. I typically only play intermediate+ and I would really prefer expert+ but it's so difficult to get people to wait that long. Usually it's luck of the draw that a bunch of experts and masters join together and I think they may be related parties a lot of the time. By the way, when booting people, you need to do it when the game is full and wait a moment before opening the slot back up or it will potentially cause a server error not allowing some slots to join. I have to use my phone with another account to occasionally check the final slot if nobody joins after 10-15 seconds just to be sure it didn't get that error.

SMG really needs to make a better system than just game creation and joining. They need to at least let us name ours so I can name my game something like Expert+. But even better would be filters so game creators can just block anyone below or above a certain rank. And also for those looking through games to see only games they are allowed into. Hell, even make categories where you list your games that can be based on rank. They could also create an auto-join function that matches up similarly ranked people but I don't have my hopes up for them to do anything complicated like that. And during dead times we may never get games going that way. It really is difficult because there's so many options with turn time, manual/auto, maps, number of players... Their current auto function just throws you into a random game. Anytime I've ever used that I find myself in a game with 3 players and the other 2 are the same guy ganging on me.

If you don't care about your rank, you should still care about playing people of similar skill. This game really sucks when you play novices. They do the dumbest things, which usually mean an easy win and thus a boring game or they stupid attack you and cause you and them to lose due to a no logic approach. I'll admit that sometimes I just felt like pissing people off, made a novice account and went and picked on the highest ranked player in the game. Another way to figure out cheaters is when you have 0 cards and everyone but the one you're picking on destroys you lol

I've won 50%of my games...was an expert well on my master.50%of my wins are against intermediate and fellow expert.....until i got discipline back down to novice. 2 days ago.....snowday today...back up to intimidate....LETS PLAY
I'm about to stop playing this game, a game I have loved all my entire life and used to play with my brother before he passed. Everything was going great, I was really enjoying the game and paid for unlimited play. About a week after the automate was added I started going up against tag team players that was obviously both player being the same person. Long drafting times on both players, same playing tactics, all of which designed to stop me from holding onto any territory no matter what they did to each other with no retaliation on each other. No breaking alliances or backstabbing. Both players have the same goal of attack me until I'm dead or quit the game. Both players often have names that look like a cat sat on their keyboard. Having allies is one thing, it's part of the fun. This is not that, it is obviously 1 person playing both accounts. It has happened about 15 times in the last few days taking me from intermediate to novice. These cheaters have taken all the fun out of the game.

2 people like this
An easy fix to multiple account cheating would be to make it mandatory for player to attach I legal photo I.D. to their account/profile so that they may only make one account and make account game specific so Google play has no part. This way when a player is banned they are truly banned and cannot make another account to play with. As it stands now if a player is banned they can just start over with a brand-new account circumventing the ban altogether make being banned an almost useless punishment. As for friends in the same game just make it so friends matches do not show up in game search mode. Hackers on the other hand are tough to stop but the first method I mentioned would at least ensure that if they're caught and banned that they couldn't come back. Just some wise suggestions to consider.
For a short while after the Fair Play Rules were announced, I noticed a decline in cheating, but over the last couple of weeks it is on the rise again. Some recent cheaters to avoid playing: Bassgh, Robin Bizzel, Melvin of Iron 6, Geo Tornado 6. Everyone, please submit tickets when you encounter cheaters. They are ruining the game. SMG: the ticket process is cumbersome and may discourage reporting. Maybe consider adding a “suspected cheating” button to the game that allows users to send you some kind of digital log of the game in real time?
I don't mind putting in the time to report cheaters. The part I'm afraid of with a quick push a button is everyone is going to push "it's a cheater" button and bog down SMG so much that they just never do anything. I was just in a game where it looked like 2 were a cheater but I ended up not sending a ticket because watching the aftermath I realized they were just stupid and the one I would have expected to win didn't. It's either that or a very good cheater who understands that he has to let the likely to win account to win or he'll get caught and reported.

I think we just need to make rules about familiar people from entering the games. Don't allow the same people to play each other more than x amount of times in a given period. And if they have the same IP address, don't let them join the games at all. or do some sort of auto-banning method where if such circumstances arise, the accounts are automatically cleared. They had rules like that back in the StarCraft days. you can't play the same person more than twice in a week or you were automatically reset.

The only issue I'd have with same IP joining is I use other accounts to check and see if the game is having a server error for the 6th to join. But there's so many ways around that anyway where I could use different IPs if needed. I guess that's part of the problem is cheaters will find ways around it. The best thing they can do is randomize the games. Don't even let people control game creation. You push join a game and it auto matches people together with similar ranks.

Two more: Jamincurl is a two account cheater. The dummy account is Eliza Nassfurz 6

1 person likes this
You know, the toughest part for SMG is that they have a small staff to handle all of this. I don't blame them as it's not like the app is making them boatloads of money. Maybe they could find some trustworthy players who can take on some of that burden and handle the cheating complaints. I'm not sure how involved their checks are but I wouldn't have a problem handling some of those tickets. Even more so, I'd love to dive into their code and help them develop some of these improvements that we've been waiting on for years. A lot of these mods I'd consider likely simple and easy to do and could put the time into it despite I run a business where I should be spending my time building the new website and such lol

Couple more cheats to stay away from.....attractive thief85697... Marian Dr LaCruz10.....Duncan Nihill10. There the same player
Login or Signup to post a comment