Start a new topic

Waiting for host

People are cheating by freezing you out of the game. The "waiting for host" text appears and a player can only watch while the opponent attacks territories, unable to do anything about it. This problem makes the game feel like a complete wast of time

4 people have this question

This has happened to me quite a lot recently but ONLY ever when I'm close to winning! I am very suspicious. It is ruining the game. I play honestly. This takes all of the fun out of it and I regret buying it.

3 people like this
I've had the same experience when I was close to obtain the victory! Is it possible to fix it?

3 people like this

Has happened to me a few times as well, just when I was about to win lol!

How exactly do the other players force this to happen?

2 people like this
I’m so tired of playing a master or grandmaster only to have my game frozen as I complete my win. This is truly infuriating and a waste of time considering good players would resort to this nonsense. I already am stuck playing only one human versus me and a couple computers to prevent the gang up cheater nonsense Fix these cheaters or refund my $$

1 person likes this

Good news. We will be releasing an update shortly that should help this issue. Let us know how it goes. It should be up by the end of next week

Phillip@SMG

1 person likes this

I am recently having the same problem 

1 person likes this
Having issue with Waiting for Host whenever the connection swaps between WiFi and Mobile Network. Please fix. It's annoying.

1 person likes this
No signs of an update - only more time wasted. Waiting for host cake up this time after all troops were defeated. Thanks to user "keejus". This time screen didn't change after I beat him and kept telling me to draft. Obviously pointless because no one left to attack. Oh and when this big is fixed will you also adjust my rank that gets affected by this?
IMG0503.PNG
(2.21 MB)
IMG0500.PNG
(3.63 MB)
I have the same problem. Close to winning and then frozen out by a master. The name was mvillave.
Sad!!!!
IMG2572.PNG
(2.62 MB)
Same has happened to me - particularly if I'm doing well

Tiago, Tom Nguyen, the waiting for host issue recently arose although there's an update that should resolve this soon, SMG are working on it :D
With switching between WiFi and Mobile Data I'd recommend disabling WiFi when you're not using it specifically (like at home) and just rely on Mobile Data if WiFi isn't available. Switching on iOS devices will definitely cause a connection issue and I believe it is for Android devices too, for most (if not all) applications when they're relying on stable internet connections to the servers.

End of next week will be 18th August - excellent, I can't wait !!

Do you have a list of all the fixes and improvements that have been made?

Rock On!

This just happened to me too. I had to clear my data and lost all my stats just to get it to clear off my device. I am so ready to delete this game. How do I get my money back?
Happened yet again, spent two hours playing a game, I'm just about to win (I'm intermediate, opponents an expert), and waiting for host ends the game - appalling. I hope Smg read this and sort it out, it's no coincidence. :(
Login or Signup to post a comment