Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

If you can't beat them, join them. If everyone plays with 2 accounts then we're all equal again! ;)
Oh and I have seen actual cheating other than a player getting more troops than they should. I have played games where somehow the person losing is able to cause the game to go back in time or take back turns. I'm not sure how they did it but it's happened more than once. They do this during my turn so effectively preventing me from making any serious play. I've also been forced out of a game by the game thinking that I had timed out and it tried to switch to an AI or that I had lost connection.

1 person likes this
Is there another platform.latest the so called xperts played 2 against 1 untill i destroyed 1 of them in turn 2 and they quit as usual.then as i was about to win it slowed my commands down so i couldnt take 14 men in 6 countries out in 60 secs .i still wad going to win so it just locked me out. Might think this was bad luck but it has happened to many times. I want to start a league with legit rankings and honest players not a bunch of punks
Matt you must be a Cheater. Anyone who says 1 player playing 2 accounts is not cheating does not know fair play. That logic would also mean 1 player plaiying 4 accounts against 1 player PLAYING 1 account and by the turn 1 being over after every 1 matt is playing has attacked the same guy and he doesnt even get 1 trade in... Well i guess that makes you an xpert......in cheating and probanly couldnt win any other way. Im guessing you are 30 or younger

1 person likes this
Fix the bugs or refund my money

1 person likes this
I just requested my money back after being victimized by the same thing... what bothers me... is how many games did this happen where I wasn't aware? Two accounts? Three accounts? vs just me... anyone who does this deserves whatever bad things that happen to them in life. These people remove the integrity in a fun environment and I would bet that they are for sure doing this in other areas of their life. I look down on these people. They are scum. Matt L. is scum.

http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000015925

SMG can place restrictions on how many times you can play with the same person in 'Global Domination'. Having a reward system that isn't random players playing each other is not fair. Or, SMG could notify potential players that others have a history of playing together, or SMG could force auto-matching and do so in a random pattern making some wait 1sec and others 15sec so the chance of getting your 2nd account in the wait list together would be lower. Don't tell me SMG can't do other things... Matt L. stop preaching your crap. Your suggest was to have users complain to the population/other players? That is a joke! Can SME eliminate it completely? No, but they can take steps to deter the activity... you think the lock on your door at home makes you safe Matt? They others here are asking SMG to put more locks on the door. lol criminals are criminals... scum is scum... they will get what they want. Welcome to reality Matt. It would be nice if you would join us. Same to all you other fairy-tailers who think winning with 2 accounts is a win... lol you are all a joke (Lou the Fist8, Libby Sr. 4)

1 person likes this
I am convinced that the only way a person reaches the ranking of Grandmaster is to be playing two or more accounts every time they play so they can double and triple up against their opponent(s). That is absolutely cheating and anyone who doesn't think so doesn't grasp the concept of cheating.

2 people like this

I think it's cheating two expert players to sit in a game, wait for others to join, and then not attack one another to preserve their rankings--basically knock every one else out and then fight. In what sense is that not cheating? IDs and ranks should just be blind to everyone in the GD game.  Then we wouldn't have to wade through the people playing footsie.

Yeah using 2 account s is cheating dumbass

1 person likes this

2 accounts is cheating. Matt L. should be under investigation. 

1 person likes this

I can't believe someone would even make the claim that it's not cheating. If you use 2 accounts, you have double the troops and 2 turns a round. If you were to play this game on the board and it was you against one other guy, but the other guy got to have 5 different sets of armies and you only get 1, how could you not possibly see that as cheating?

I do agree with you that most people who bother to use two accounts suck at the game. They get so preoccupied with trying to make sure both accounts get the top two positions that I end up blowing them away to the bottom. Top players like myself find cheating to be boring so we'd never do it. How can I challenge myself by attempting to gain an advantage? I'll admit I did it a couple of times "because I could" way back in the beginning but I quickly grew tired of it and stopped.

I wish there was a way to separate the risk play. You could remove the ranking from the current set-up and just let players do whatever they want. Then create an actual ladder system with ranking that requires registration and identifying yourself. If you get banned for cheating, that's it. you're done. There's a lot of people here who want challenging games and want to play other very good players. It sucks that we get mingled with these idiots that are trying to exploit the game and cheat.

To disagree, wow!

Bob Bobby thinks investigation. (...isn't that little dictatorship, like anyone who doesn't agree should be investigated.)

Aaron Giloff, thinks I'm an dumbass. (...Umm, enough said there, lol)

Not going to go back and read this entire thread, but I believe this all started as I tried to make the distinction between players taking advantage of a built in game feature VS a player downloading a BOT/HACK or physically altering the game code the cheat (Example: only they roll ALL SIXES.)

Better said, and change of subject hopefully:

I love playing Risk, even better love playing with friends.

I don't live in the same state as my buddy anymore, who also loves playing Risk.

SMG, please implement a team, co-op mode vs online team, co-op players.

I, nor my buddy want to cheat, we just want to play together.

Pardon me if I don't make it my goal to kill my buddy 1st just to avoid the accusation of my intent.

Don't forget, YOU CAN'T PROVE MY INTENT!!!

It is possible we just want to play in the same game, and not see each other as enemies but know only one of us can win! SMG doesn't give team mode.

Also, just to cause debate, what is the difference: Example...

Player joins, no buddy and finds an alliance in the game and win together. (Intent to win and not attack non allies)

Next game, same player find a different stranger alliance and goal to win the game together. (Intent to win and not attack non allies)

Rinse & repeat and now players intent every game is to use a built in game feature, ally, to win the game  with an advantage.

- Many players click ally with many players turn one. isn't their intention the same thing, grey area or cheating again. (Give me a break!)

SMG allows alliance, what is it for then if not to ally with another player and not attack each other, but to have the intent to attack other players. Face it, you get pissed when your ally attacks you.

So ya, lets gather a party and find all those with intent to ally and win, investigate them dubass's!

I still roll the same dice that steal most my troops and are not forgiving at all, no BOTS, no hacks, no second accounts, just have a buddy who plays with me sometimes. I play without him just the same, just more fun with friends. Random troop placement BTW. Hope you don't have to stone me for that, forgive me, just trying to play a game and have fun while doing it.

Feel free to disagree, never minded polite discussion.

...now bring on the haters :)

I played this game in the 90s when I am just 11years old. It already sucks back then with BFF forming teams to wipe out friends. Available options is not playing with them, play with them for the love of the game, shame them publicly, join them, form your own BFF team. Winning a game is already a huge incentive for me. Winning it fair and square make me happier. Why choose a less happy boost when you have the option to be happier. The game class and rank provide players with more incentives to win games, to earn and maintain a high status. This is where profiteer came in. They don’t have shame but just want to make real money. There is a market out there to sell grandmaster/master status to people who are too lazy to do battles but want the status. This rampant practice is popular in games like Candy Crush. Do away the game class and rank, however will reduce the number of people interested in this game, and it will just slowly die off causing losses to SMG and a platform for all risk players to play the game. My advice to all genuine risk players, play the game like the odds is against you. Don’t worry about the status, it doesn’t give you any edge in the game other than boasting your ego. Your ego will hurt most especially when people ganging up against you to destroy your status. Enjoy one game at a time.

Sounds like the majority of you have no friends who want to play Risk, or tried and you kicked the crap out of them, Global Domination Style!

Now you play alone, but O so technically correct.

Apologize, but I just don't want to take a game, a board game at that, so seriously. I was Expert & Master way before my buddy ever played, over 1000 games in. Now I'm still an export/master now that he plays. Sorry I don't hate him when we play Risk. You'll expect me to kill him like it's my goal, and any fluctuation is cheating. 

Maybe my goal is to stack troops, and that's why I didn't attack him.

I get your point. There are people out there who played the game to bond with their BFF. The brotherhood, the taking care of each other’s back like movies in Black Hawk Down or Saving Private Ryan. Good for you. But best play in private with just your friend and some bots who will not make complain about you and your bro when you trashed them. Stackers are serious contender to win the game. The other players in your game that fail to take action on you for stacking are to be blame for losing the game to you. Maybe they are too busy fending off your buddy, but who knows. Is ganging up, cheating...well I don’t like them, but it is not cheating. After all, can we say that the US, Briton and Russia are cheating for ganging up against Germany in World War 2. We can’t but true master player will just play on and try their best. Like you said, it is just a game. For all those who like to play team mode, I think it is time to suggest team mode game for SMG to let those who like to chill with their buddy enjoy their togetherness.