Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

Using two accounts to boost one of them is cheating. How about getting 200 troops in the first round? Cheating

9 people like this
Using two or more accounts in the same game is absolutely cheating. It gives the player using them 100% more armies than they are supposed to have at the beginning of the game for each extra account. Also SMG takes away ranking points for playing with multiple accounts in one game so they definitely consider it cheating.

6 people like this
Using two accounts to win is cheating. Just because the developers will struggle to resolve it, does not mean it's not cheating.

6 people like this
Heres a new one. Somehow skipping my turn. Still connected...just skips my turn and somehow opponent is doing it cause every time they flash a smiley face.

2 people like this
I am convinced that the only way a person reaches the ranking of Grandmaster is to be playing two or more accounts every time they play so they can double and triple up against their opponent(s). That is absolutely cheating and anyone who doesn't think so doesn't grasp the concept of cheating.

2 people like this

Sorry, MattL...but virtually everything you described in your initial post IS considered cheating.  SMG even made a post specifically pertaining to points you made that it IS considered cheating and is subject to banning from the game.

2 people like this

200 troops the first round is definitely cheating! If you have an ability that no one else does, i call it cheating, If you have the same abilities as others, you can play clean or dirty, but what or where is the cheat? I still call two account to boost another cheap, kinda pathetic, but not cheating. Still rolls the same dice, receives same card turn in amount, no extra troops, no free cards...

2 people like this

Using 2 accounts to gain an advantage is flat out cheating. Two friends playing together with the purpose of making one or both accounts come at the top to gain points is cheating. 2 friends playing in the same game isn't necessarily cheating, but without a way to tell the actual intention, it is labeled as cheating. If SMG sees two players who appear to be related always playing together, you will be banned because you're most likely cheating to gain points.

Note that in normal board game risk, there is only one winner. There are no rank points, so it hardly matters if someone teams up to win because in the end, only one wins in a free for all. With the ranking system in Risk online, this is sketchy. It's fine if in the game 2 players work together for a while, but if it's per-medidated before the game even started, it's cheating.

Your attempt to define cheating vs exploit is invalid. I could very well argue that modifying the game code is just an exploit. They left the code there to modify, so I change it, and it's "exploiting" what I was given. Better to just call all of this cheating. The point of ranked games is you're supposed to start on your own with the intention of you winning, not to help someone else win or both of you take the 1 and 2 spots. And you are cheating if you modify the game as it's given in any way. Exploit = cheating, don't waste our time trying to create this arbitrary argument. We don't need to bother with you trying to justify your "exploitation" of the game so you can cheat for a higher rank.

2 people like this
One person using 2 accounts with the sole purpose of advancing one of the accounts is not right no matter what you want to call it.  Two different players who like to play together and want to team up for mutual benefit is more of a grey area, IMO.  It's definitely an advantage, but it depends on how they choose to use that advantage.

2 people like this
Erm, from your original post (and I quote): "- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING"

2 people like this
Oh and I have seen actual cheating other than a player getting more troops than they should. I have played games where somehow the person losing is able to cause the game to go back in time or take back turns. I'm not sure how they did it but it's happened more than once. They do this during my turn so effectively preventing me from making any serious play. I've also been forced out of a game by the game thinking that I had timed out and it tried to switch to an AI or that I had lost connection.

1 person likes this
Yeah using 2 account s is cheating dumbass

1 person likes this

Fair play, irrelevant the wrong term,

Alot of the time it's "not as important as it could/should be" and that's purely down to our survival instinct,i find even with 1 person owning both accounts they end up playing them as separate players and struggle with the concept of one being the sacrificial lamb so to speak.

yes the person wins more as 2 players but the game itself doesn't get affected very much.

1 person likes this
It seems pretty obvious to me that SMG is not addressing cheating, either lack of resources or they don’t have a good strategy, or other priorities etc. It’s just not happening. Since it’s not “their” game, it’s Hasbro, I suspect they’re not getting paid on an “upside”, it might even be fixed work for hire contract, maybe some minor support contract. The typical multiplayer game that I find will have the “tell” of dual accounts - two player names one rank apart that for some reason end up co-ordinating. I’ve reported umpteen times, never gotten feedback, I assume it’s ignored. I’ve also tested myself to see how easy it is to cheat egregiously, and it’s trivial. Just pay for the game and log in on multiple devices but set up different player names on each. I’m not seeing that I’m getting penalized. And that kind of cheating should be trivial for them to detect since it’s the same logged-in account playing multiple player names - unless there’s something in iOS app restrictions that disallow them “tagging” properly? Anyway. You can see how totally broken multiplayer is by the very small number of games that are available at any given time. So I think everybody can save their breath and stop complaining, it won’t do much good.

1 person likes this
I just requested my money back after being victimized by the same thing... what bothers me... is how many games did this happen where I wasn't aware? Two accounts? Three accounts? vs just me... anyone who does this deserves whatever bad things that happen to them in life. These people remove the integrity in a fun environment and I would bet that they are for sure doing this in other areas of their life. I look down on these people. They are scum. Matt L. is scum.

http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000015925

SMG can place restrictions on how many times you can play with the same person in 'Global Domination'. Having a reward system that isn't random players playing each other is not fair. Or, SMG could notify potential players that others have a history of playing together, or SMG could force auto-matching and do so in a random pattern making some wait 1sec and others 15sec so the chance of getting your 2nd account in the wait list together would be lower. Don't tell me SMG can't do other things... Matt L. stop preaching your crap. Your suggest was to have users complain to the population/other players? That is a joke! Can SME eliminate it completely? No, but they can take steps to deter the activity... you think the lock on your door at home makes you safe Matt? They others here are asking SMG to put more locks on the door. lol criminals are criminals... scum is scum... they will get what they want. Welcome to reality Matt. It would be nice if you would join us. Same to all you other fairy-tailers who think winning with 2 accounts is a win... lol you are all a joke (Lou the Fist8, Libby Sr. 4)

1 person likes this