Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

Hey Matt, here's an example of a cheater using multiple accounts. First the game was supposed to be 6 players but was started with only 4. I wouldn't have even played in a 4 player game. But after the yellow player was eliminated it left green which was me, blue (Little a Fortune 19), and red (CoreTV). I had Australia and around 23 men in the entrance, I also had 8 men in SA. Blue, LF 19, comes down and seemingly suicides against me in Australia, I was down to a few troops, red could have taken me out and collected my cards but instead choose to knock out my 8 troops in SA and then stop. So LF 19 finishes me off the next turn and red just sits there until LF 19 eliminates the red player even though the red player had at one point something like 28 men sitting in one territory. Red just kept fortifying until LF 19 destroyed it. Absolutely nothing I could do about it.
image.png
(1.87 MB)
image.png
(2.42 MB)
image.png
(3.58 MB)
image.png
(3.55 MB)
image.png
(3.54 MB)

Allies, whatever

I turn it off so others can't try an exploit a game feature by trying to invite me to ally just as I'm taking them out. Then followup with trying to prompt me to attack another player, hoping to block my screen.

So yes, No Allies, 

Yes, it is an option in the game, when your hosting/creating the game.

And that bullshit happens constantly.

I just played a game where there was me, red and orange left.

I couldn't tell if orange was just really dumb or was a sock account for red.  He kept attacking me and trying to box me in to Australia while doing nothing against red. 

He finally attacked a couple of red territories when Red had conquered half the world but I'm not sure if that was just to make it look like it was two separate players or if orange was just that bad at playing the game.

I mean, red had Africa and SA and I was all that was keeping him from getting NA and yet orange kept attacking me.

So orange was either a complete idiot or it was one player with two accounts.  Either way very frustrating losing a game that way.

I just played a game where I TWICE had purple down to 1 troop.  1 time it was 5 to 1 the other time 8 to 1.  I lost both times lol.

Again...I get that it's possible in real life.....but it happens ALL THE TIME in SMG Risk.

Is that due to cheating by people fixing the die or bad algorithms?

There's no way those kind of advantages lose that often and that drastically.