Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

i know a tad late replying to this thread lol and havnt read all comments, but from a glance first thought is....

Why is it you seem to believe if the makers have no way to stop something its not cheating?

I do agree most with 2 accounts are so bad it's irrelevant but if used "correctly" that being imo one for ranking the other canon fodder, that is out and out cheating

Kevin....1 person using 2 accounts isn't "irrelevant" and it's not just terrible players doing it.

1 person getting twice as many rolls, twice as many turns, twice as many cards, twice as many men....isn't "irrelevant".

How good they are or aren't is irrelevant when they have such a huge advantage.  I lost a  game a while back (I posted pics in this thread I believe, if not this thread it's in another thread in these forums) where it was down to 3 players, I had Australia.  One of the other "two" players attacked my in Australia while ignoring the other player.  We all were basically equal before the attack.  I thought the player attacking me was suiciding but that wasnt' the case.  It was ONE player attacking me with his sock account so his real account could finish me off and win the game.

There was absolutely nothing I could do about it because he had 2X the resources I had.

So he finished me off then finished off his other account which did nothing but fortify after I was eliminated.

I don't know why you think only bad players are cheating or why "most" who use 2 accounts are so bad that them having twice the resources  as everyone else is "irrelevant" because that hasn't been my experience at all.  Most of the players I've seen using 2 accounts were very craft about doing it.

But whether they're "good" or not is moot.  2 accounts gives them a huge advantage over anyone using 1 account and it's cheating.

Matt is this thread your diary now lol?

Quit defending cheating and quit cheating.

Kevin,

Without a realistic example, hard to answer, but...

If they can't stop it, I would suspect they can't prove it either, and that is the prob with most players complaining about cheats - no proof. Remember, in the USA without proof your presumed innocent! 

- There is the possibility they weren't cheating! 

SMG Rules state:

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, play as if they were an enemy, not an ally. 

So now we're down to proving "Intent", cause it's even in the rules friends can play together, just not as allies. 

Note - I'm not the one screaming everyone is cheating,

So unless you can prove someone intent... or show proof of a cheat being used.

So to twist your question, why is it you seem to believe if the makers have no way of stopping, that is 100% cheating?

I'm only questioning how you are all so sure your right? (Innocent until proven guilty!)

I don't think everyone is cheating, in fact I think very little are, so it's not up to me to prove they are, it's up to you.

Fair play, irrelevant the wrong term,

Alot of the time it's "not as important as it could/should be" and that's purely down to our survival instinct,i find even with 1 person owning both accounts they end up playing them as separate players and struggle with the concept of one being the sacrificial lamb so to speak.

yes the person wins more as 2 players but the game itself doesn't get affected very much.

1 person likes this

Kevin,

I agree with your thinking. Don't think your supporting cheating at all, not am I, your just seeing it for what it is. Not near as much of a big deal as their claiming it to be!

matt- oh without doubt its very very difficult to prove someones cheating , in fact yes nion impossible, but that in no way makes it that they are not cheating.

having proof or not doesn't make it untrue in reference to the game,if it was aimed at a person or isolated incident , yes lawfully "i'd lose" but on the game as a whole i'd have the stronger case,

Wow, all the way down to 128k Int. from 2200ish Rank GrandMaster. (Think all time low was 1800)

Won all but 2 or 3 games I  think...

Getting better, and then my best Win EVER!!!  Two GrandMaster's, an I owed them !!!

Prob should have invited them :)

Final Rank after only 9 games, still no cheaters :)

Getting there, Export to Master soon enough...

Victory.jpg
(515 KB)
Doing better than me, but my dudes better imho SILENCE!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE NAME!!!

Hope you join one of my games, your welcome anytime!

OK, this is crazy. Love It, but crazy!

Lost my grove for a moment, and dropped all the way down to Beginner, was getting whooped...

None from cheaters, just some aggressive game play and I would get attacked first. All good, but Ouch!

But I'm not a quitter, nor a whiner, I press on...

Now for my 2nd even more impressive comeback :)

Now to work on Master :)

if i spot u i will indeed...

how do u make the pic show up big, instead of the stupid link mine has??

ta

Kevin,

Also, I'm getting down there...Expert 27k, think Master is around 12k or 18k :) 

Guess what I did today, Master Lvl :)

Recap:

Intermediate 128k Game #2631, but dropped to

Beginner 186k Game #2646

Export 48k Game #2656

Master 18k Game #2688

So Beginner to Master in 42 Games, with no one to compare against, I'd still say that pretty awesome!

More important to note, I have not noticed anyone cheating, or pairing against me.

Honest play, some games easy, some very tough, def. lost a few for sure...

Not seeing the cheating everyone is screaming about.

I'll re-post if I hit GrandMaster, but that's no joke, only hit it twice.

Well done. It doesnt take many wins to reach master if you are up against high level opponents. I bounce back and forth between Intermediate and Master. 4 or 5 good games and I am a Master. Then 4 or 5 bad games and I am an Intermediate. https://i.imgtc.ws/3XpPrd0.png