Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

If laughing when your enemy gets attacked is reason to be banned then we can agree to disagree. Have some fun man. Thats what the game is for. They certainly arent reporting me because i cheated . Because i never have. And yes you are more likely to get reported when you win because many people target Grandmasters, or get mad when you outplay them. So stop assuming i cheated when i came on here to discuss a situation when your falsely banned. Also how do you know if you have been reported? I have never been reported to my knowledge. I just finished a game and it said i was banned. Is there a place you get messages from the Risk people? Cause i have never been warned or reported unless i dont know where the messages are.

It's not a reason to get banned.   It's taunting and pissed people off, which will cause you to be reported for cheating and/or harassment.  Sounds like you got a harassment ban.  Don't worry.  It is probably temporary.  But maybe you can spend the time thinking about how unnecessary it is to provoke people like that.  Try playing like you've reached the age of puberty. 

I just feel like it makes the game more fun/competitive when people react with the limited communication there is (emojis/few phrases)so i think it is wrong to be reported for that. Where do you get messages from Risk? How do you know if/when you are reported?
And it is possible. Many players are rightly angry because anyone who plays on Android lately is in a worse position compared to players who are probably playing on a PC. It's like shooting a machine gun with a slingshot. When I need 60 seconds for something, the opponent does the same in 15-20 seconds. Every ending is easier for them. And that brings more nervousness. Someone wrote nicely a while ago. Use filters and make your life easier. If you play against a beginner as a grand, expect an application because he doesn't understand what you are doing. If you make an alliance, someone will easily think that you have broken it. Whoever hunts in muddy water, often falls into it. I think there’s too much nervousness around this whole story. There is a war on the board and there are no cakes. Some are offended, some get angry, some think they have been deceived, and some see deception everywhere. If you are grand, strictly adjust the filters and then will play against people who thinks similarly.And when I compare opinions, FUCheaters is probably right. I have about 3,500 games on one account and no one forbade me to play. You're probably annoying your opponents somehow. I always report harassment when someone locks me in a corner, gathers an army in every round and doesn’t attack me. He laughs and waits for me to surrender. Maybe it's normal for someone, but it's not for me. Why do something like that? When you laugh at people showing your power, they only defend themselves as best they can. I hit with all my strength like a suicide and someone else reports you.
Is there somewhere you get messages letting you know if your reported? Also i play on my phone so i cant go fast either. And i try to play similar like players. (I try to play as many masters/grandmasters as possible). You are right that i have certainly made people mad, but not from cheating. Sometimes outsmarting another player makes them mad, but thats what the game is about. If you lock someone in a corner for a strategical purpose (like to get their cards in progressive) that is part of the game. I dont make alliances with anyone unless i mean it. And almost never look for alliances unless someone else requests it first, cause too many people use the alliance to betray you. What i am upset about is people reporting someone simply cause they are mad that they got outplayed. This thread is about cheaters, so im bringing up the other side to that. Many people are accusing people of cheating who are not really cheating. Or at least that must be what happened to me. Or like FUcheaters said, maybe i got reported for harassment for laughing when my enemies get attacked, which is all in fun. How do you know the reason for a ban or report? Do they send you a message or a warning somewhere telling you why you were reported??
1. I was never notified that I was registered. 2. When I mentioned the angle, I meant the situation where only the two of us are left. Then it is not polite to humiliate a defeated enemy. Just destroy it. 3. There are no alliances in my filter settings. Never. 4. Like I said, a lot of nervous players. Especially in the last 2-3 months. In my country, we had house arrest and curfew from Thursday to Monday. This must have consequences for the player's nerves. 5. If you want to play, I'm sure you have another device. Install, start from scratch and in 2-3 days you are a master. Of course, if you're really that good. And wait for your old warrant to be released. When you start from 0, you learn something you missed. That happened to me. And maybe you realize you're overreacting somewhere.
David, I haven't seen a player who is always present all day and who was a grandmaster yesterday. Does your name in the game start with the letter T?

Adding, the game now allows turning off Camera Animation in setting.

It's a little awkward at first, but MUCH FASTER awhile attacking opponents. 

Might be what your seeing Божа 537

Yes, I found and tried. That's it. Thanks a lot Matt.

David, I know for a fact that they don't ban players for the first offense because several tickets I opened....with pictures of the cheating.....resulted in players just getting a warning.  And that was after them getting caught cheating red handed.

So I have a real hard time believing you were banned for no reason with no warning.

Божа 537 

You can say you don't see the cheating (you remind me of someone BTW) but it's there.  I have posted many examples on these forums including a couple in this thread.

Like I told another user I've cut down on it by starting my own games and kicking any players out who join at the same time or if they seem suspicious. 

There are tons of players using multiple accounts out there and it's often high ranked players.

I've had it happen to me over and over.  Like I told your "buddy" Matt there you can watch games to the end.  I couldn't tell you the number of games I've been involved in where it got down to three players left and I found the other "two" were actually one player.  They'll finish you off hen one player will just sit there and fortify while the other takes over the world. 

Out of all the games I've lost I would estimate 25% were due to straight up 100% proven cheating and that's no exaggeration. 

What makes it so maddening is SMG doesn't ban players outright.  I got a response to a ticket I filed about 1 player taking me out then just sitting there and letting the other player win where the mods or SMG or whoever looks into it said "it was two friends and they didn't realize what they were doing was wrong". 

Who the hell doesn't know using two accounts to win is wrong?  Besides your "buddy" Matt there?

Matt explained something to me that I didn’t know and I don’t see anything wrong with that. This proves that a person can easily make mistakes and accuse someone who is not guilty. I thought the players on the pc were favored and I was wrong. I’m not saying there’s no cheating, but I don’t think there’s that much. I have less than 20 friends for so many games. I have to thank everyone who helped me. I still don't think there is that much cheating. Sometimes people just lose their nerve. 15 minutes ago, a player blew me up for no reason. His position was around 22,000 and he consciously lost the first one. It also happened to me that a woman who is on a short list of friends accidentally enters the game. She remembered me and suddenly stuck out her tongue, said goodbye and hit the third player like a suicide. Someone who doesn’t know what it’s all about would surely think the two are playing together. I don't even know who that woman is. I mean, it's not always what it looks like. When someone experiences cheating more than once, it is difficult to calmly assess whether there has been cheating again. I have two accounts and I do not use them at the same time. I don't see anything wrong with that. When I come across him on another account, he won't know what happened. Another account is used for that.

Божа 537

You and Matt seem pretty tight.   Ol Matt has been defending cheating for years and now your saying the same stuff he does.

Weird.

I was just taken out in a game by a player when there were 3 of us and a bot left.  The purple player who took me out had 40 men and zero continents.  I had 37 men and zero continents, all my men were in one territory in SA.

The third player, Orange had most of NA, most of Africa, and had Australia.  The bot had Europe.  The purple had NA then left to come down to SA (where I was) when Orange attacked NA.

So guess who the purple player takes out for 3 cards?  Me.  Unfortunately I hit the wrong button after I was defeated so I didn't  get to see what they did after that but the moves they were making made no sense unless they were in cahoots.

But there was no tactical reason to attack me.  It basically wiped out the purple player for 3 cards.  The orange player was right next to him with 20-some men.

So I'll mark that one up to suspected cheating.

Jason Allen, i have never been warned or even notified of being reported...ever. never ever ever. And then now i'm suddenly banned with no warning or explanation. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IS THERE SOMEWHERE YOU GET WARNING MESSAGES THAT IM NOT AWARE OF? Ive asked this 3 times, and noone has let me know. UNLESS there is some place u get messages from the risk people that i am unaware of. I have never been warned or even reported to my knowledge. I was just banned with no explanation as to why. Its pissing me off and im losing respect for Hasbro gaming. Ive spent days n days on this game. At least give me a message why i was banned or a warning. 537- To answer your question my risk name is "Brock The Loud 25" I play on my phone on the app. I bounce between Master and Grandmaster....youll be most likely to see me on maps like "Mall of the dead" or America, or Central america. And against good competition. Its really starting to annoy me that ive never cheated and yet i have no explanation from Hasbro as to why i was suddenly banned...and NO I WAS NEVER GIVEN A WARNING WHATSOEVER.
Login or Signup to post a comment