Start a new topic

Faster AI Piece Placement

I like to play the game where I get to place my pieces on the map from the beginning rather than just trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with the mess that the AI assigns me. It makes some of the dumbest decisions on "where" or "how many" pieces are placed in territories. 

I know there is a double green arrow once the game starts, that accelerates the AI's turn, which is GREAT. Could we please see this same acceleration in piece placement at the beginning of games??

I think this is a super simple feature that would greatly improve single player mode for just killing time, without having to take A LOT of time.

Thanks for listening/reading!

"I like to play the game where I get to place my pieces on the map from the beginning rather than just trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with the mess that the AI assigns me."

There is already an option for manual set up instead of automatic in 'game options'. 

"I know there is a double green arrow once the game starts, that accelerates the AI's turn, which is GREAT. Could we please see this same acceleration in piece placement at the beginning of games??"

Are you referring to single player games? IF so, do you mean just speed up the AI turns without having to tap the green button to speed them up?

1. Haha, yes I already know thats an option in the game options menu, I was merely setting the context for my point. :) 

2. I am referring to single player games with AI, but specifically during the beginning portion of the game in which no one has any territories. When you manually place you're pieces, one by one, until the first turn of the game begins. During this phase, there us NO green button. Once all of the pieces are placed, and the first turn of combat begins, there IS a green button to speed up the turns of the AI. But during piece placement at the beginning of a single player game with AI, there is no way to speed up the process of the AI taking FOREVER to place all of their pieces. Could we also get a green "speed up button" the piece placement phase of the game as well?

And thanks so much for an awesome quick reply! You guys are great! I love the game, keep up the great work!

OK gotcha. We can certainly take a look at the speed of AI territory claim in manual selection. 

Thanks for the kind words and feedback too - it'a always appreciated :)

–Lee@SMG 

Login or Signup to post a comment