Start a new topic

Notice on Cheaters

With the note that went out against cheating - how do we submit players that collude outside of the game?

2 people like this idea

I'm curious as to what constitutes cheating? Are we talking about some kind of hacking?
No - more like going into a game with an alliance or playing as 2 different players in the same game.

1 person likes this
I have reported 3 different games now where it is clear that 1 person is controlling 3 or 4 out of the 6 players. It is ruining the game for me. It's not easy to rate or report a single player. They really need to watch the playback.

2 people like this

troubling centaur3862 & Brent Parker  is a blatant cheater clearly running two accounts used the brent parker account to attack me every turn regardless of how obvious it was that it didn't help his cause i.e. 5 troops vs 25 just to weaken me for the other account this ruins the game 

1 person likes this
Yep it very easy to do this and hard to detect !!! I view it as a challenge playing with a master I watched him battle a player with clearly two devices he managed to beat him still epic!!! If you need two devices to win your rank means nothing!!! Mine is real lol

1 person likes this
It really ruins a game when halfway through you realize that you are playing against one real player and that the others are purposely loosing so that the one can win. I have been playing for months and am still labeled a Novice. Isn't there some way with all the marvels of computer playing to prevent this?? Sometimes I just want to quit playing. In fact today I just left a game that was clearly set up. I cannot win against cheaters
Have faith I was ranked 2700 I have played almost 400 hours. As of late I have noticed teams playing there is a method to win against these people !! I play now at beginner falling from expert now ranked 20000 ..... This can be combated one play with a friend two be un attackable become a super turtle leave no weakness feed off of cards or never attack let them fight amongst themselves! Allies are dangerous striking you down as you slay everyone else. Position your self in Australia second place is not that bad either. Make you army strong to avoid being pegged Just remember there is a few people playing this game for thousands of hours it is. A hard game Also playing experts and masters weeds out lots of low level hacks playing multiple devices fyi

1 person likes this
I’ve noticed a lot of strange collaborative/ parasitic behavior in these games. This results when a player seemingly deliberately runs their troops down to one per territory from a previously good position. This usually happens when they have 3 or 4 cards and another player just happens to have all their troops lined up to sweep in and take those territories and cards. This can often lead to them winning the game by overwhelming the other players with troop numbers. Just now I played a game where the host was able to give themselves extra cards (getting to turn in 3 cards 3 times in a row without eliminating a player. Near the end of the game I managed to get them into a corner (brave sacrifice from another player that fell to this cheater). I turned in cards, got a lot of troops, the game disconnects and when it reconnects, during my turn the host happens to have 30+ more troops in the right spots to block me that weren’t there before. I ended up somehow winning. But at the end, it left me on the board like there was still an enemy to attack but all of the territories were mine. This game didn’t log on my record, and I’m very disapointed in smg for allowing this. I haven’t purchased the game mostly because of these cheaters. This is all to say: is there a place to put cheaters on blast with screen captures and names and is it against this forum policy to do so? I’m looking forward to a time when it is worth purchasing this app as I really love Risk! Happy to post screen shots of these issues if SMG or anyone is interested. Sorry for the long ranting post! Best luck in world domination all! This is all to say, is it oka

I just posted a feature request for Co-Op mode, I hope all of you vote yes so players like me who like playing with friends have a game we can safely play in without getting called/labeled as a cheater.

Thanks for voting!

Login or Signup to post a comment