Start a new topic

Report players when they are cheating.

I want to be able to report players that are cheating. Maybe by showing a recording how the game went and also report who wasncheating and how. Give them punishment of some sort.

29 people like this idea

I win games all the time against cheaters. But I also play mostly 5 and 6 player. I could see in 4 player it being a big problem if someone owns half the board/troops.

Sometimes it's a disadvantage for the cheaters using 2 accounts because their goal is to make both of them take the top positions. But sometimes one of those accounts might get badly beaten up and killing them is the way to win the game. Leave it for someone else to do and your game is over. Sometimes this is how I know they're cheating, because they don't take the obvious route of killing the weak player with 5 cards and sweeping the board.

The really good cheaters play each account like it's an individual account in a FFA, with only the slight sway of trying to position to knock out other players that aren't the "ally" account.

By the way, there are some really stupid players. This game is primarily emotion especially for the idiots. Try to play master and up and you'll find accounts more often making the intelligent decision, or cheating.

Dude you said you have multiple accounts, I don't trust any of you multiple account guys.  There's no reason to have more than one account.  I think you said you have multiple accounts in case one of your accounts drops in the rankings the other will still be there?  It means that much to you? 

I do not get why you guys care about the rankings, at all.  Let alone care about it enough to have multiple accounts.

If you're playing a progressive card game 2 accounts doesn't guarantee victory but unless you're playing against complete idiots your shot at beating them is very low.  2 accounts coordinating against you is next to impossible to overcome.  Unless you just get on a streak and finish off one player after the other.

If you're playing fixed cards good luck beating someone with 2 accounts.  You don't even know they're using 2 accounts until it's too late. 

Like I said in my experience most high ranked players are using multiple accounts.  I've seen it over and over and over where someone will have a high ranked player on the ropes only to have another "player" suddenly protect the higher ranked player.

And I've played plenty of masters and up.  They aren't any better than a lot of low ranked players.  They just use multiple accounts.

There are some terrible players but Risk is luck based as much as skill.  If you get a bad initial set up or if you have some "unlucky" rolls early on Master or not (unless you're cheating) you're going to have a hard time winning.

You also have to have the patience of Job to play online because so many players are so timid.  I've lost many a game in fixed card games just because I didn't have time to sit there for 2 hours and wait for someone to make a move.  If the game turns into a Mexican standoff I'm not going to sit there and collect cards with everyone for 2 hours, I just take out the player who has been doing the least.   

It's just a game.  I don't get why you would cheat and I don't get why players sit off in corners of the board collecting cards instead of trying to win.

Allen, thanks for the response.  I have had times when I can't tell the difference too (between one player with multiple accounts and someone who just might be a bad player).  With the last case I was complaining about it was obvious.

I have generally been playing fixed - just my preference.  But what you're saying makes sense.  I'm going to try the progressive more.

But I really like the game and the multiple maps.  Best of Luck!

I like fixed games better too, it's more skill based whereas progressive is a lot more luck, who happens to get cards at the right time.

But so many fixed games end up with everyone afraid to make a move.  I wish they'd implement some kind of time limit in fixed games or rule to stop people from just sitting on a territory and army building.

I have 6 accounts because years ago when I actually played often, there was no filtering of ranks that can join my game. So it was constant boot people and wait for good ranks to join and sometimes not enough were on so I'd just create a new account so I didn't care that I was playing idiots, and would become a grandmaster rather quickly and end up making another account lol

There is definitely some luck. Sometimes I lose more troops than I gain every turn just trying to kill a 1 army territory for a card and it greatly reduces my chances of winning. But most of the time I'm able to position and destroy everyone in one sweep / make someone cheating have little chance of being able to stop me. 2 other people ganging up on me won't stop me so a guy using 2 accounts can't stop me either. But they'll try.

Yes in fixed games I can see cheating being way worse. Fixed games seem great in the beginning but quickly become a stalemate. There needs to be a rule about max armies per territory or to transform it into semi-progressive. For example, when you trade in 3 infantry cards you get the 4 troops and the next trade of 3 infantry is 6 troops.

Another way to fix fixed games would be to make the end game different. perhaps most territories controlled at the end of 10 rounds or something instead of total domination. 

Now, yes it's just a game. So I wonder why people bother cheating. Way back in the beginning I got the bright idea of using 2 accounts to win. But after 2 or 3 games I realized that I was making the game boring. And who cares if you're actually number 1 anyway? If I really cared to put the time into it, I would be in the number 1 (cheater) slot. I don't even know who's in it right now. That's how much I care haha.

The only other time I cheated was when a known cheater joined my game with his other cheating account. Nobody else was present in the game since I filled it with computers. I had reported the guy months ago and my surprise of seeing him AGAIN just enraged me. So I made a novice account and kicked his butt AND reported him AGAIN. I haven't seen him since actually so I think the cheat complaint finally got to SMG and got his accounts deleted.

Anyway, if most Masters ARE cheaters (I can't always tell) then I must be pretty good because I win more than 50% of these 6 player games and require at least expert on all of my games. I've also played 4000+ games among all of my accounts so I should be winning even though I hardly play these days, right? ;)

Briand, you just admitted you're a cheater.  I just don't get you guys.  What is the point of cheating?  I mean holy lord....6 accounts?  Why do you care what you're ranking is?

As for you winning half the time you just admitted you cheat.  Anything you say is null and void after that dude.

You guys ruin the game, you care more about a stupid ranking than you do in actually playing the game.

I just don't get it.  It's freaking online risk.  If you have to have multiple accounts and cheat to get a high ranking what's the point? 

Jason, you call everyone a cheater! 

You quoted
"You guys ruin the game, you care more about a stupid ranking than you do in actually playing the game."

My favorite thing about Risk back in the day, was playing with my friends. To have 4-6 friends playing a board game (Global Domination) was awesome, sometimes taking hours to finish.

- NEVER did we start calling each other a cheat! Although some games got heated, it's just a game, and friends were more important.

Is this Risk or not, now just the thought of playing with a friend... instant cheater in your book.

If we're REQUIRED to all be strangers, what's left but fighting for rank?

Yeah, I call people who cheat cheaters because they are Matt.

He LITERALLY says he's cheated using multiple accounts before.

You're the that's been defending cheating and using multiple accounts for 2 years.

Explain why you'd defend using multiple accounts for 2 years if you're not doing it?

If you don't want to be called a cheater don't cheat.

You quoted
"Explain why you'd defend using multiple accounts for 2 years if you're not doing it?"

I'd be surprised, if you "Jason Allen", can find a single post, let alone multiple posts where I'm defending one player using two account. Other than possibly as a reference...

I think you'll find many posts where I disagree where knowing someone in the game automatically makes you a cheater. But if your strangers playing the same game with the same intent that's OK, just ally. Even worse, same player always ally's with others in the game, always strangers, same intent. As long as strangers, it's OK

Imagine "No Friends Allowed!" stamped on the Risk game box.

What is wrong with you?  Are you just a habitual liar?  Or do you just forget what you wrote?

You started a thread about how people using multiple accounts in the same game wasn't cheating.  In the the op in that thread....your very first post in that thread.......you said "one person using 2 accounts is not cheating" lol.

You've done nothing but defend cheating lol.

Holy lord you're ridiculous.

You've defended using multiple accounts for 2 years dude, you've made literally dozens of posts about it in your thread.

You kill me.

"I see it a lot as well. Not really cheating,but definitely exploiting the game.

Player have more than one account, and joins the same game with intentions to only play one player.

They kill off their other player(s) pieces in the areas they want to take over. This causes the game to auto play the afk player and stack troops only on other players."

Who said that Matt?

That's one of the first posts in this topic.

Matt you even said "the majority of the cheating comes from guys using multiple accounts to sit on areas they want to take over" in this thread lol.  You defended it saying "it's not really cheating".

Uh, yes it is.  SMG OFFICIALLY (not that anyone with a brain thought one user using 2 account in the same game wasn't cheating) said using 2 accounts is CHEATING.  

And the cheating isn't rare.  I just got a message form SMG where they said they ban 250 people a week for it and that's just the people that actually get caught.  You have to fill out a report and they told me to take a screenshot of the cheating (although I don't know how without context a screenshot is going to prove anything).

I've seen players using multiple accounts dozens of times in the last few weeks.  Again you can watch games after you're killed.  When one "player" just sits there and lets the other take them out......that's OBVIOUSLY 1 person.

I

So what...

2 years ago I agreed with the previous poster, it felt like others were using two account. Others, not me, whats your point?

Yup, guilty!

You'll find many posts from me where I believe there is a difference between a cheat vs an exploit.

One is fixable. Example, someone runs a second app along side Risk, that manipulates the dice and rolls all sixes only for them. They used a cheat called "Roll all sixes" to cheat. Needs to be fixed, patched!

Someone playing dirty, without anything to alter game code, I basically call an exploit, who cares!

You don't have to agree, this does not make me a cheater, nor does it make me defend cheaters.

Login or Signup to post a comment