Start a new topic

Report players when they are cheating.

I want to be able to report players that are cheating. Maybe by showing a recording how the game went and also report who wasncheating and how. Give them punishment of some sort.

29 people like this idea

Amélie Jr.2 ans Alan Truth 3 cheating !!!!!!! Probable thé sans players
I was just in a game when one player added 1000 troops on his first move. How do I report this?

1 person likes this

troubling centaur3862 & Brent Parker  is a blatant cheater clearly running two accounts used the brent parker account to attack me every turn regardless of how obvious it was that it didn't help his cause i.e. 5 troops vs 25 just to weaken me for the other account this ruins the game 

I understand the rules of Risk. Unfortunately, I just gave up on a game where my opponent was getting more troops on each turn than I was. I had South America and I would get 5 troops. He had Australia and would get 7 to 9 depending on how many territories they had. The players handle is OctagonalAquarius366. My handle is Ivan Ironside 3. I paid for unlimited games. I'm done playing (or adding) my Risk profile until this gets fixed. It's ridiculous.... Please reply and let me know what you think.
I would like to report horrible cheating , how can I do it ?? Is it any support from Risk customer services ?!

John, send us a support ticket. We are in the process of checking any reports of cheating. Players who we believe are using unfair methods will all be made novices. Thanks –Lee@SMG

1 person likes this
This does happen, and it's super annoying, but probably not as much as many think. I write this because I have played many games where my behavior, along with another player's behavior look like a lot of the scenarios complained about, and I can imagine the defeated players might have thought there was cheating. I have had many games where I and another (unrelated) player leave an undefended border between us. This is generally because we are the weaker players and we know our only hope is to double-team a stronger player. Then, if I happen to come out on top, the other player is either "honorable" or too afraid to attack. Many times in these situations, the player we team up against is a high-level player (I am not), and I make it a point to go after them and rally others against them, because they are far more likely to beat me than the other low-rank players (and as a bonus, it helps my rank). Perhaps spectator mode will help, as I can then see the two players who I thought were one person cheating actually battle it out later in the game.

2 people like this
If you want to report a player you suspect, don't do it here, open a support ticket! I have also seen some really odd things, including a player that got 17 troops one time for trading cards in a fixed card bonus game, which I am fairly certain is impossible. I wonder if things like that are cheats or bugs.
Appreciate the site responses to us players on this topic on difficulty to stop or id cheats, however do believe is increasing (thus decreasing interest in online play) and methods to metric track and apply some limited AI to start game methods, IP tracking, and tactics used can and have been done by other apps/sites successfully. My experience is about 10% of online games have been somewhat to blatant examples of single player stacking with robots or a second account which is not insignificant and reduces my appreciation for an otherwise terrific app (one feature need : back button when mistakenly advancing to fortify...).
I know that everyone talks about people signing in with 2 accounts but I was just playing with someone who must have hacked the game. They were an "expert" but every single turn they "recieved 10 troops from trading in cards" even when you could clearly see they didn't have enough cards to trade in. It was extremely frustrating and there was nothing I could do about it. We should AT LEAST be able to report this type of cheating.

so is it cheating when there is a household of 6 people, of which 3 play Risk together, take down all others, then face each other at the end?

Answer: No, it isn't.

Butthurt is butthurt

Cheating is if I use the 5 devices in my home to operate all 5 of my active grandmaster accounts against one guy to steal from his ranking. But you'd still never really be able to prove it because of all of the possibilities that SMG mentions. Obviously, I would be smart and build all of my users like they're playing individually but then be retarded and kill the 6th guy even if he isn't the easiest kill. But not everyone is the best in this game so you can't use that as a basis. I can tell when someone is cheating though. And honestly, I haven't seen it much recently. And surprise, I haven't been losing any of my games lol. In the end, I think the laugh is on the cheaters because they are wasting a lot of their time doing it. I would never do it because it takes the fun out of the game really quickly. I'm addicted because I want to be the best, not because I want to be shown as the best on some leaderboard and nobody knows who I am.

Now, I do have a few things to suggest which may deter cheating:

1. Make detailed profiles. Let us look at the players. Let us see a history of their games? Let us know more about them. Make it more personal. I've been able to look people up on facebook sometimes. The very first person I caught cheating I messaged on facebook. We werent friends so he didnt see the message for a month but his reply was "What? What is this about." followed by "Oh. You're talking about risk aren't you?" I think if we're less anonymous, people will be more afraid to cheat.

2. Reveal a part of the IP address. Or flag people as being on the same network. If I see 2-3 players on the same network and nobody is tied with their facebook or google play account, I'm going to boot them. Or do what I do to known cheaters. Boot their "buddy account" last second and start the game immediately so he can't get out. Then gIve him the beatdown of his life. People usually try to leave the game if you do this

3. Require people use google play or facebook account. It's annoying to make a new facebook account just for this game. Although I might do that for one of my accounts just so I can put funny pictures on my avatar haha.

I do think that allowing us to see the end of the game after we've been eliminated will help a lot of people out. If there is someone cheating, we will see it in the behavior. Obviously they will want one account to be the winner and if it's the spare account that kills you and is on a roll, you may see the player suddenly start doing stupid things to make sure the real account wins. However, I will advise one thing on this. I played a game last night where I could have destroyed a player hoarding AU but I deemed other players more "delicious" as I call them and ended up clearing the entire map before the end of my turn. I had to fortify to direct my armies to kill him so I did so blocking him at Siam. I guess he was so happy that I let him live for 2nd place that he attacked me using only 1 army at a time from his territory until all 40 something of them were dead. it was painful to sit through for 3 minutes because regardless of what he did, he was dead. But he was clearly showing appreciation for what he thought was a kind gesture (I honestly didn't want to get trapped in AU on my run which is the real reason I didn't kill him first) but I can see where this could look like the guy was my 2nd account if someone were to watch it to the end. Most of the beginning of the game wouldn't have appeared that way though since I was originally picking and poking at him with intention of destroying him but by the time cards started trading, I found myself defending him so no one else would steal my kill and then I ended up killing everyone else. So again, may have looked fishy but that's where experienced players really win at this game. Sometimes you do weird things to make sure someone else can't steal cards and beat you. And apparently some people appreciate that too and try to "hand" you the game when you've already won. lol

Watch out for cheater Corbett fearless 2 

Clearly using 3 accounts in a recent game

I had an opponent "Price Burn 5" adding 30+ troops per round from the first round. How is that possible?

@Brian Mason

That player has since been punished. If you or anyone else here suspects a player. Send us their names through a support ticket.

-Phillip@SMG

Login or Signup to post a comment