Start a new topic
In Progress

Filters for online matches

IDEA: filter the online matches according to the available parameters, for example, I always play auto setup, classic world map, and fixed card bonus.

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

53 people like this idea

As long as you can select as many or as little filters as you like, or none.
Yes, game filter is a MUST! At times there are almost over 100++ games online and players have to scroll up/down to search for available games or games that they prefer, which is a complete waste of time. Make game filter available based on the different citeria available as in the settings like map choice, auto/manual, turn timer, progressive/fixed etc plus "any" option along with each citeria. So example a player looking to play in a USA map with 120s auto with either progressive or fixed can filter by USA/120s/auto/any and this would saved so much unnecessary time to scroll up/down. Please implement game filtering soon, it is really so troublesome to keep scrolling to search for available games online that one prefer.
Thought.....maybe you disable the host’s ability to manipulate who plays , the terms of the game, the number of players....who he discharges etc.... perhaps once a host establishes the ‘rules” of the game, like number of players, AI, level of difficulty and so on....that’s it...can’t be changed... many times also I have joined a 3 or 4 player game and find out that eventually I’m playing a 6 player game which I didn’t sign up for.... maybe a good idea? Will minimize cheating

1 person likes this
I agree with this actually. The only problem is if no players are joining and you wanted 6. But I suppose it could jsut have AI automatically join if the game is started. The problem is the AI is currently broken. When will they ever fix those placeholder AI?

I would also prefer if we could select multiple items for the filter. Like I want 3m, 5m and 8m games. But nothing less.

Agree... you the host, set the terms of play...3m,6, whatever...level of difficulty, and number of players....I see your point about others not joining... ok, maybe you allow the host to manipulate a replacement of a player but not add a new player or discharge a player as such....(meaning he is discharging waiting for a friend or for him to join on another device he owns).... don’t know exactly how to do it, but some version of this concept I believe will help tremendously

This would be awesome!

Hi, just want to say that I love the filters and would love a new one: # of AI players in game. I personally dislike playing against AIs, but there seem to be a number of players that like to do 1v1 + many AIs. As those games show up just as 3/4 players or 5/6 players, I often join and then immediately leave when I see that the game is mostly AIs. Sometimes I can't leave fast enough and I just don't click ready, which is probably pretty annoying for the host. A filter would allow those players to play their game and for me to play mine!

1 person likes this
Michael John Teegarden started a topic almost 4 years ago “Min/max time limit Maps you are and aren't wanting to play Fixed or progressive cards Min/max amount of players Min/max level of human opponents If you want computer opponents to be an option and if so the min/max skill level of the computer. A "Join Now" button would search for games that meet your filter options and auto add you to that game for extra quick game selection. This would help with not only finding games, but with players finding more games that match their skill level and preferred playing style.”
Login or Signup to post a comment