Start a new topic
Planned

Color blind option for RISK players and territory colors

IDEA: Add a settings option for color-blind players to easily distinguish between green and yellow, and blue and purple colour schemes used for players and map territories. 

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

71 people like this idea

I have the same problem.  For me its like playing only two players when I know there are actually 5.  Please make a colorblind option available soon.  Perhaps even adding patterns (like on the old Macintosh version- i.e. strips, checkers, etc.) Thank you!

I appreciate having the different shaped pucks when in color blind mode. even so I could still use help relating the pucks to the avatars in the right hand margin. I'm red/green color challenged. even tho my monitor color richness settings are very high; orange, red, yellow, and green can be very hard to distinguish in game. that causes occasional errors. it also slows me down enough to affect me in timed play. 

I don't have this issue, but I just wanted to say thanks for thinking of everyone and working on this! This is a great game everyone should be able to enjoy :)
I am colorblind. the colors are all far too similar! Im glad this is being looked at.
Yes! I struggle with this as well and would love to see an option to select our own colors.
is this an ADA issue? Please fix asap.
I have the same problem. I hope it will be fixed, because I love the game and I'd like to fully enjoy it; without mixing green and yellow players :D Thank you!

Red-green colourblind here chiming in. This is a deal breaker for me. An option for 6 player-defined team colours is the way to go.

I have to be red. On new games I am changed to blue which I cannot see. How do I stay red, which I am on the othe other maps?
Thank you thank you thank you. Just started playing and was surprised this wasn't already in the game. The colors are indistinguishable. Looking forward to the fix!!
I'm glad others brought this up, as red/green color blind the yellow, green ,and orange are extremely similar. I agree if each color had a corresponding pattern, or for me I have less issues if the colors are basic, maybe an option to remove the filter and use just primary colors that may help. I love the game but would love it more if it was easier to see. Thanks!
They obviously don't care, should be a simple fix and they've had numerous updates.  I've all but quit playing the game now due to the difficulty.

Chiming in here.  Also agree Red, Yellow, Blue great for most "colorblind" people.  To these add Black and White for very clear delineation. 6th color a bit tougher but grey would probably be best choice.  Color combinations are what give us the most trouble.  Yellow and Green look similar.  Blue and Purple as well and of course Orange and Red are hard to tell apart.

It's fixed now with the update they just did, much better now. I can actually tell the colors apart now. THANK YOU!!!
Login or Signup to post a comment