Start a new topic

Live / free chat with RISK players and alliances

IDEA: Live in-game chat with other players and or allies only (that you've formed an alliance with).

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

165 people like this idea

I would like to suggest some easy things for SMG Studios to do. 1:Stop showing player rank. I am sick of people trying to kill me just because i am master or expert rank. Each game basicly ends up being a 5 versus 1. 2. Have a cheater button on each game that automaticly reports a cheater to to admin. If its not a 5 v 1 game there is a jerk with 2 or even 3 accounts. I played a grandmaster who controlled 2 extra players. I recorded the game so i have proof. Let us make games that only allow players of a selected rank to join. Too many novices quit the game ruining it. These easy fixes need to be done. I am ready to quit playing because most games are have idiots .

2 people like this
Foul language control and maybe limit # of times you can send suggestions and/or be able to block 'cause people will try to use it to distract u when you're on a time limit and attacking them

2 people like this
I dont really care for this idea. Would slow the game down and people would be whinning, calluding, etc...

1 person likes this
This would be a disaster unless everything typed was public for all to see. Otherwise the game would revolve mostly around manipulating players via secret conversations.

1 person likes this
C'mon support team. Doin a grand job with the game, but this is a essential asset to the game that needs implemented.

1 person likes this
WM Craft: I boot all novices from my games as more often than not they quit early and I don't want to play against an AI.

1 person likes this
Been playing Risk for a long time. Anybody that knows anything about the game knows that that chat is a basic necessity. It makes the whole alliance button a joke to me too. Bottom line is that it adds a ton of strategy to the game which is why we play. Maybe some players would rather play with the simple strategy of the basic rules and wouldn't want to get chat owned but you could easily implement chat as a new open(on/off). In which case I would never join a muted game.......Still a decent game but an incredible injustice to the Game of Risk.

1 person likes this
WM Craft: I boot low ranked players lile novice and beginners amd sometimes also intermediatr players, because I loose too many points if I dont win the game.. If tryed that SO many times now and its not fun to go back to beginner/intermediate when u are expert

1 person likes this
Do I understand? No, not really. I don't. The quasi-total lack of punctuation in what you wrote (save for the double question marks at the end) makes your post virtually impossible to comprehend.
Sorry.

1 person likes this
WE NEED THIS!

1 person likes this
I'm not sure I'd trust other players to be mature about it if there was a full chat feature. Maybe instead of a full chat feature, some preloaded messages or other non-verbal methods of communication? Like an ability to flag specific territories for allies to attack, and some things like "Good move"? I don't know. It just seems like a bad idea to let people talk freely. This is the internet and people get upset when they start to lose or get backstabbed or something. I feel like you'll have to add moderators, etc.

1 person likes this
Blind alliance chat would make the unfair alliances even worse. It's bad enough when the dude in Africa refuses to take the bonus of the dude in Europe, now you want be able to say "hay lets move all our troops and concentrate right here so this guy has no chance" that sounds like fairplay, sarcasm just in case you cant tell. You need to have a liitle respect that your alli is going to screw you otherwise you should have just started with 2 players. If you cant talk, its makes it harder to know what they are thinking. While I'm on a roll, just because we are allis does not mean you need to tell me where to attack. I will attack what is good for me and not you. It just means that i will wait till later to attack you. Also does anybody else love the guy that tells you to attack red even though they are clearly an alliance together.

1 person likes this
It's a tough thing to add in to the game I really like the focus on the game and using the board and troop movement to express one self it gives element of surprise

1 person likes this

No doubt this would be a pretty complicated function to add - so will take time... the latest update was great so hopefully their next one will be even better!

Adding another button on the bottom row would be a nice way to implement this - this would take you to a new screen where everybody can read and write their text... I wonder if it would be possible to integrate it with Google's speech recognition, so we can just talk instead of typing?

1 person likes this
David Mikael: Without hijacking this thread, I'd like to ask: for what reasons do you kick someone out of a game? I've had this happen a few times and I always wonder the reason? My ranking? The game is only for friends? Just curious. Thanks
Login or Signup to post a comment